Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

yes, it is 39 1/2" to the top of the front of the front rack

Old 01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

im not saying i want it to set like a sport quad. and i do stand up most often too. but i like the way my 03 seat is better. when u are setting on it. it just feels much higher then the old grizz. and sometimes while in rough rocky stuff. and u are moving around on the seat. i would just like it a bit lower. the height of the quad is great. my 03 has 14 inches of ground clearance. and i still will ride it hard thru the woods. only it will where u out faster. this is just my preference. i like a lower seat. and i did set on a brute force 750. and oh yes. it was like setting on a fork lift. very high feeling. i was looking at one of these to buy. till i set on it. any how. i more then love this atv. i love them both. one is big. one is stock. but im going to have my seat done by an upholstry fella here. that is, if he can do it. he does show cars. so i dont think my seat would be much of a bother. again. this is just my preference. u know. different strokes..for diff. fokes. and i am deffinetly different. my butt is not that tender that i need the thickest seat. but yes yamaha did a good job on this seat. for people that want ultimate comfort. and im talking seat height. not the height of the atv. the ground clearance is fine. but i like a lower center of gravity, that is my but just a little closer to the frame.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. as of now. i just cant think of any other ute atv i would rather have. hay i know. ill let instigater ride it for a while. and break the seat in with his 300 lb. self.. big man. big seat. big break in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]. and i dont mean big around. i mean paul bunyon big.. eeeekkkkk

Old 01-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

oh by the way there v2. that green AC just looks mean!!!!

Old 01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

clocked my 06 660 grizz at 72 mph on mygps 6mph faster than my buddies kq can only imagine how much faster the 700 grizz is

Old 01-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Fitsof Rage! And my creation is almost complete, to replace my wife........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Do you have any pics?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: booch1
clocked my 06 660 grizz at 72 mph on mygps 6mph faster than my buddies kq can only imagine how much faster the 700 grizz is

64 mph on the speedometer, at 6000 ft altitude, with 27" tires.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
yes, it is 39 1/2" to the top of the front of the front rack
Thanks. So after taking into account the differences in tire heights, the Cat sits an inch and a half higher than the Grizz, or thereabouts.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: v2rider
Thanks Fitsof Rage! And my creation is almost complete, to replace my wife........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Do you have any pics?

ah. replace wife??? mine should have been replaced years ago. but better late then never. i have one less wife. and many more toyzzzzzzzz
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. i got some new pics of my new grizz at elson street. i just have not uploaded them to my photo bucket yet. im getting a collection though. i want to get some more bog footage of the old grizz. ive had some trouble breaking rear gorilla axles. eeekkkk. any how. they both have been sent back. guess they may have been an older batch. the new ones have better shafts. cv's are the same. but the bar is better chrome molly. so hope my new ones just take the mud slinging punishment..

Old 01-03-2007, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

07 grizz

Text

Text

Text
old muddy grizz

Text

Text

some of the new. and a couple of muddy old grizz.. with new snorkels. should have done them long ago. i cant wait till friday for my new swamp lites. and then i just want to go ride for hours and hours and miles and miles...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] ah man its sooo nice looking. all nice and clean in its new stock self.. that wont last long. time to start scratching it up. not too bad i hope.. he he

Old 01-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Those have got to be the 2 best looking quads, I've ever seen. I can't believe how tough they look. I bet those things are better than any other quad in their class. Heck I bet no other quad could ever be in THAT class. Boy, Yamaha sure does set the bar high don't they? What does it feel like to have those? I bet you get alot of people wanting to be your friend. Then again, I bet someone that you think is your friend bashes your stuff. What will you do about it? How will you sleep? What will we do for food? How will you respond? Guess what, I don't want to ride your new Grizz. That makes you mad, doesn't it. I don't want to ride it and you can't make me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????