Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006 | 09:05 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Thinking about buying one of the two, be nice to know to help make my decision easier, Thanks.

Old 12-29-2006 | 10:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would get the grizz, faster or not. I honestly dont know which is faster, but the grizz would be in my garage like yesterday over the KQ

Old 12-29-2006 | 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

The Grizz, hands down.

Old 12-29-2006 | 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

FITSofRAGE just got the Grizz, Blastfeem has the KQ. Both like what they have. As too which is faster, maybe they'll run 'em after the Grizz gets broken in.(10 hrs)

Old 12-29-2006 | 11:45 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Ran my friends KQ against my 700 Grizz on a 400' flat grass run. With his stock 25" tires and my 26" Dirt Devils, he wins by about 1 quad length. When he switched to 27" 589s (I still had my 26" Dirt Devils on) I beat him by about 1 1/2 quad lengths.

The Grizzly has slightly better engine braking and the power steering takes the cake IMO (if you like to ride rough trails where it makes a big difference that is)...

Old 12-31-2006 | 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has ridden Rockhouse and Bearwallow trails.

Hey Tank, Go with the Grizz. Proven reliability for years. That was my 1st choice but could not pass up the deal that I got on my 07 500 LE. Remember top speed isn't everything unless you are going to be riding on the salt flats.

Old 01-02-2007 | 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Outback31
Remember top speed isn't everything unless you are going to be riding on the salt flats.
Yeah, me and FITS love making fun of people that ask "What's the top speed on......" If, it is a sport quad, we say nothing. Most of the time it is a utility, we have ourselves a ball.

What is the top speed is of a big ute quad, going through a very tight trail, over logs, through mud holes, over bridges just wide enough for the quad, with 28" Mudzillas, in reverse? Why do so many people care about TOP speed? We see about 30-35 mph on a strait-away where we ride and about 15 around corners, any faster than that, you are a donkey. Our trails are non-directional, traffic flows both ways. I would give anything for one of these donkeys to come that fast around a corner and see the front of my MV coming at 'em.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2007 | 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Instigater
Originally posted by: Outback31
Remember top speed isn't everything unless you are going to be riding on the salt flats.
Yeah, me and FITS love making fun of people that ask "What's the top speed on......" If, it is a sport quad, we say nothing. Most of the time it is a utility, we have ourselves a ball.

What is the top speed is of a big ute quad, going through a very tight trail, over logs, through mud holes, over bridges just wide enough for the quad, with 28" Mudzillas, in reverse? Why do so many people care about TOP speed? We see about 30-35 mph on a strait-away where we ride and about 15 around corners, any faster than that, you are a donkey. Our trails are non-directional, traffic flows both ways. I would give anything for one of these donkeys to come that fast around a corner and see the front of my MV coming at 'em.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I remember a guy on a dirt bike that turned a corner and saw the front of your MV ... lol Good thing he missed it!!!!!
top speed... I have had mine up to 57 on a paved road with more to go on stock tires.. wont do that again!!

Old 01-03-2007 | 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

well so far. i love my new grizz. there is only one complaint. the darn seat is sooo thick and feels high. i am going to try to get an upolstry place to cut it down some. my 03 grizz u set lower on it. but the seat is cummfy.. just feels tall. the power is good, from what ive felt so far. still breaking it in. the handling with stock tires is very very good. feels light and very responsive compared to my 03. the power steering gives u the, i just dont get tired riding it feel. it handles way better then my 03. wich i still love the 03, but its kinda like godzilla now. the ergonomics of the 07 grizz are great. and u can use diff lock. and really not know your in diff lock with the power steering. i tested this quite a bit while riding some tight places. u can actually use diff lock at any time. very good thing. the front breaks are now killer. u can use one finger to shut her down. and the rear breaks are also very stout. it blows my 03 away in the brake department. and with the new control arms. u can tell the difference going over obsticals. the improved ground clearance from them, makes a huge difference. where my 03 the lower a arms would hit towards the middle. these just go over them. another nice feature. and u can adjust the fuel management using the instrument panel. a feature off yamaha roadrace bikes.. another nice thing!!! so far it has passed my expectations. other then the seat.. now the king quad. both my friends. blast and bat cave boy have them. and i like them both. ive ridden them both. they feel light. nimble. and handle well. and have killer breaks. but i have owned yamaha all my life. with some others in there. so i stuck with the grizz because how my 03 treated me. i dont think u would go wrong with either. i would say get the grizz. just because of some of its ammenities. but u should go look at them both. and really take time to look at them. and maybe try to ride them both. and see what u think. its ur money. get what makes u happy. but ill stick with both my grizzos. i feel i have another long time friend with my new one. and the 03 is now the bogger. well if we can keep a certain name axle in it. and no more breaky :,)

Old 01-03-2007 | 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

oh yea. the engine breaking is very very good. i mean good. just had to throw that in there.. and it does not matter wich is faster. they both have more then enough power. everyone worries about how fast they are. the big kawi brute has more. but could u get it thru the woods faster then these two? i highly dought it. the rider means alot. u can have the fastest atv on the planet. but u also have to be able to ride and control this thing>>>>

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????