Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????

yea but how fast do they go up hill with 28 inch zillas on it?what is top speed on it going thru the bog. i have to laugh at this.. i think they all in stock form, go quite fast enough to get into trouble. i think any of them will easily top 50. now u tell me.. what tight woods are u going to ride these in. and do over 50 mph.. and how many times do we just ride in a flat field and race straight back and forth.. i think when it come to going fast thru the woods. it takes a certain part of atv. like 25% quad. and 75% rider. u can take a good rider, put him on a honda recon. and blow the doors off some one else of less experience riding a king quad or grizzly. the nicer handling atv,s make it much easier to go faster on. but big power does not always mean u are going to be the fastest thru the woods. or to the finish line. power helps. but sometimes. theres only so much of it u can use at one time or another. i think everyone worries too much about top speed. i believe that alot of people should practice in riding skills also.. i like power and i love my grizzos. and i like more power. but u still have to be able to ride them well also. that is, if you are wanting to haul butt thru the woods.. hare scrambles are fun. and a good place to learn about going faster.. and getting hit by other people too.. kinda sucks eeekkk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but still fun...

Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Trailblazer

U can sum it up real easily. They are equal mattters which name u want on the side My 05 King Rides the same as buddies 06 Griz he may get me in the start by a few quad lengths on a dirt road threw the woods we r the same.. If u want to conpare look at the Can am 800 will eat both up and ride twice as nice. Sorry I did not buy can am even though price threw the roof for one. Suzuki in my heart that why I bought the king

Old 01-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

No kidding, look at all those Suzuki bikes you had! lol

And yeah the Can-Am crushes both of them..

Old 01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FITSofRAGE
yea but how fast do they go up hill with 28 inch zillas on it?what is top speed on it going thru the bog. i have to laugh at this.. i think they all in stock form, go quite fast enough to get into trouble. i think any of them will easily top 50. now u tell me.. what tight woods are u going to ride these in. and do over 50 mph.. and how many times do we just ride in a flat field and race straight back and forth.. i think when it come to going fast thru the woods. it takes a certain part of atv. like 25% quad. and 75% rider. u can take a good rider, put him on a honda recon. and blow the doors off some one else of less experience riding a king quad or grizzly. the nicer handling atv,s make it much easier to go faster on. but big power does not always mean u are going to be the fastest thru the woods. or to the finish line. power helps. but sometimes. theres only so much of it u can use at one time or another. i think everyone worries too much about top speed. i believe that alot of people should practice in riding skills also.. i like power and i love my grizzos. and i like more power. but u still have to be able to ride them well also. that is, if you are wanting to haul butt thru the woods.. hare scrambles are fun. and a good place to learn about going faster.. and getting hit by other people too.. kinda sucks eeekkk[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but still fun...
Nothing is as fast as the ole MV with 28" Zillas, very low end clutch set-up, 2 full tanks of gas, 300 lb rider, and a 3-12" subs to eat at the rest stops.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ur right man.. i forgot about those subs.. man. u better pack three more for me the next time.. u will have to take ur nitrous off the mv. to slow it down. better get some air brakes man..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TrailxRider
No kidding, look at all those Suzuki bikes you had! lol

And yeah the Can-Am crushes both of them..
The 800 crushes the King in power, but not much else..sure the Can-Ams are fast but their build quality is questionable in comparison to top quality brands like Yamaha, Suzuki, etc.. I'd hope the 800 is better for how much it costs.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Range Rover

Do you OWN one? That 800 crushes the KQ lol.

Not bashing on the KQ, I LOVE that thing, but the 800 is a better bike all-around. Though I like the handling on the KQ better.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

from what ive seen of the can am 800. and this is from pulling the injured one out of the woods. the only good place for a can am. is on a farm. actually thats a bit harsh. from what ive seen. the can am does not hold a candle to a king quad. the king is most deffinetly king compared to a can am. the can am has a frame that looks like a toy. it may have a big powerful rotax. the best part of it. but again. the king would be a much better atv. in handling and toughness. i see u pay a huge price tag for a can am.. and im sure people have and love them. but after seeing one torn apart. i still say that just about any jap atv is built better. at least a king quad has a frame.. not just some flat piece of tin shaped into a c channel going out the front. with all its things hooked to it. like diff. and such.. it looked very chinsey.. and from how it folded. i would have to say it is as chinsey as it looks. and though it is not made of tin. just a figure of speach. any how. id take the king over the 800 any day.. and im sure that any one who has ridden. that really really looks at them. would also choose the jap atv.. im not a polaris man at all. but id take a polaris any day over the can am.. at least u know the polaris will not fold like this can am. instigaters polaris is quite beefy..

Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

well, thank you FITS... I am sure you are looking for a nice reply as a thank you, but you're not going to get it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: King Quad 700 vs Grizz 700, which is faster?????