Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 07 ATV

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007 | 12:16 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

I am kind of interested in getting a new ATV for hunting and trail riding with some mud. I have been thinking about a 700+ cc utility but cant decide. Which one ou you guys recommend and why?

07' BF750
07' Grizzly 700
07' KQ 700

Old 03-12-2007 | 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Whats wrong with your '05 Brute?

Old 03-12-2007 | 04:13 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Which 07 ATV

Fortunately, nothing is wrong with my BF but it sucks on the trails. I just figured there is always something better out there and was curious what the concesus was?

Old 03-12-2007 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Well Lets see...

Then if your 05 is bad on the trails.. I doubt an 07 will make u happy either...

Personally I believe the Grizz 700 is the best of the 3 machines listed... my Brother in law as an 07' KQ700 and likes it but it is also heavier than a Grizz and is more thirsty. Again, personally... the Yamaha is a higher quality machine over the Zuk.

Old 03-12-2007 | 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Out of those three I don't think you could go wrong witht he grizz.

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

The AC has the 700 KQ motor, if you want more Ground clearance, and the speedrack

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Actually it's kinda funny as I am looking at something similar. I'm interested in those three also (amongst a few others). I have been watching the Yamaha thread for a while now looking to see what people think of the Grizz 700. So far people have said:

1. The gas boils in the tank and the exhaust gets red hot. Only read that from one poster so perhaps that was a fluke. Although I have read of other people having the problem with boiling gas in Yamaha.

2. Real problems starting when it is below 30 degrees outside. Like forget it kind of problems. Which is not even remotely acceptable for me.

Those two things kind of turned me off. The KQ has had some problems keeping a charge in it's batteries the last couple of years. I don't know if this is a issue in 07 or not. I know it was in 05 and I think 06.

I haven't heard any complaints on the BF750.

Old 03-12-2007 | 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI
2. Real problems starting when it is below 30 degrees outside. Like forget it kind of problems. Which is not even remotely acceptable for me.

Not sure about you.. but if it is 30 below out... the last thing I want to do is get on my Quad... Do you have a need to use your quad @ 30 below?

Old 03-12-2007 | 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Default Which 07 ATV

I have personally rode all 3 machines, I have ridden the BF more than the KQ. The BF is very fast, but is a bear to handle on the tight twisty trails. It does pretty well in the mud, but have seen the front diff not lock at times, or let alone the complete front axle for that matter, but once again may just be a isolated case. It also chucked a belt at about 150 miles, it cost him a days riding at Harlan County, KY last year. HE WAS VERY ANGRY. The KQ is a very nice ATV, I have rode a 2007 for a short time. I think it would handle much better than the BF. The Grizzly IMO is the best of the 3. The handling is the best I have ridden, it will flat cut thru the woods with ease. Very good power with the 700 FI, on par with the KQ. Nearly indestructable Yamaha automatic tranny, great waterproofing, nearly handlebar deep intakes. And if that wasn't enough, EPS, electronic power steering, the best and easiest atv to steer every made. Try them all see what you like best, you have to live with it, these are just my opinions. There are many good 700 class ATV's out there, find the one that fits your liking and wallet the best. I ride with guys who have all 3 and others and each one likes their own machine. That is why we live in America, we have a choice. Good luck with finding a new quad, riding season is here... at least here in Indiana.

Old 03-12-2007 | 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Which 07 ATV

Originally posted by: CraZySteve
Originally posted by: 800TwinEFI

Not sure about you.. but if it is 30 below out... the last thing I want to do is get on my Quad... Do you have a need to use your quad @ 30 below?
I would agree there, but I said 30 degrees. Your 60 degrees lower [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But if I have to then yes. I live in area where I get some decent snow. And sometimes it does get below zero (not that far...but with wind chill it can get like minus 20 on real real bad days). And I have to plow and I use my ATV for that (my driveway is about 1/10th of a mile).

For $8000+ I expect that thing to fire up right away like something with fuel injection is supposed to. If they come up with a fix here pretty soon I might still consider it.