Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Chinese Utility ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Utility ATV's

I'll buy American if it is quality and is of competitive price. What I will not do is buy junk because it produced in America. That doesn't do Americans any favors other than keep them producing substandard crap. Case in point Detroit. Companies that have been driven into the ditch with unsustainable labor agreements and shoddy products with horrific workmanship while their employee organizations have desperately tried to wrap themselves in the flag and hector and browbeat American consumers into accepting this junk under some sort of misplaced patriotic duty.

Fortunately they weren't buying such nonsense and they voted with their capitalist free-market feet and they chose quality over crap. The big three are teetering on the brink and will likely collapse in the next decade and good riddance. They simple can't operate under the structure that they were. They will come back in some reorganized form but they will come back producing better quality vehicles and without the profit sucking albatross of their previous labor and management structure.

As for chinese utility ATVs the ones I've seen aren't all that much cheaper than a higher quality Japanese ATV. If you could buy one half or a third of the price of a comparable model I could see but when you're talking such a small savings I'd go for quality. Then again maybe I was seeing big mark ups.

Old 05-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So do you have anything against buying products from Japan or Taiwan?

Old 05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to burst the bubble but a lot of the so called American or even Canadian made products are far from what you would think. I work in manufacturing and I can tell you that if we run a product through only about a third of our factory we can still put a Made In Canada tag on it even though the other two thirds of the work has been outsourced to India or China. Governments want people to think that products are made in your own country by your friends & family so they set guidelines as to how much outsourcing and how much actual work is done on home soil in order to qualify for a made right here tag or sticker.