Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Chinese Utility ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:12 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Chinese Utility ATV's

Welcome to the forum hardball442! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] For what you want to do the Jetmoto 250 or even the fully auto 150 would work well. My father in law has had a '06 Jetmoto 250 Utility quad for about 9 months now with no problems. Still on the stock battery and the stock spark plugs. I gave him some NGK's, but he said he wanted to see how long the chinese spark plugs lasted. The only thing we replaced was the stock fuel line and fuel filter. And of course the oil and gear box 80wt.

Old 04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I've read your suggestions and will heed your advise and buy a used one. I am still really curious about the Chinese ATV's. I was really wanting to get a utility for me and a smaller one for my wife/kids. I think I'll buy myself a Honda or Kawasaki and maybe get an off brand for them. I've been looking online for used Jap. ATV's and have come across a couple in my area. I'll post the links to them below. I'd appreciate it if you'd take a look at them and tell me what you think as far as if the prices seem fair. I know you can't tell a lot from a picture but please take a look and post any comments that you have.

Thanks!!

This is an '04 Kawaski Bayou 250
http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/5/3/8/88433038.htm

This one is the '96 Kawaski Bayou 300
http://www.actiontoysok.com/asp/inventory.asp?Cat=4

Old 04-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hardball442
I'm new to ATV's so be gentle when I ask this:

I'm thinking of buying a Chinese Utility ATV (250cc with racks). I'm naturally tight-fisted with a dollar so that's why I'm looking at them. Half the reviews I read say good things and the others say they're crap. I know they probably won't be as good as a Honda, etc. but I'm not going to be working a ranch with it either. Just tooling around and riding from my pickup to my tree stands during deer season. What do you guys think? Will I be screwing myself or can I find one that will fit my needs. I've been told to buy a used Honda, etc. but I'm a little leary of buying something that someone ragged out or has hidden problems. So....what do you guys think?

Thanks,

Paul
Because of the labor rates I believe that most of the Japanese stuff is built in China. I remember reading someplace that Yamaha has all their engines built in China. I also believe that a lot of other Japanese companies also have factories in China. I know that one Chinese company has a clone to a Kawasaki 4x4, I think is is a 400 Big Bear or something like that. Japan took the industrial factories away from the USA and now China has taken it away from Japan. They have also done the same with electronics and computers etc. There are several Chinese quads that I would buy because the technology is there and the price is cheap. If you did more research you probably would find just about every Japanese quad is actually built in China. And also a lot of US factories are also in China... Go figure...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

I had a look at them ads, the 04 kaxi 250, looks like a very clean bike to me and worth considering plus it is up in the years. I don't know the value of atv's in America too well but $1995 sounds like a good deal to me.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

Spend some mouny and don't get a cheap quad
I would say to get a Polaris Hawkeye. One of my nabors has one and he says its great

Old 05-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I took you guys advice and passed on the Chinese quads. I got an '00 Polaris Magnum 325 with 1500 miles on it. It seems perfect. Paid $1800.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear it. I think when people look at these Chinese quads they think of:

1. Price
2. Is it junk?

What I would like to offer as some additional considerations are:

1. China is a communist nation whose government owns and controls the company you are purcahsing from.

2. China spies on the US actively and teeters on being a enemy of our nation.

3. Do you want to offer financial support to a country that does that?

4. You could do something productive as hardball442 did and buy american. Or buy from your neighbor. Use the power of the dollar that you work hard for to it's ultimate benefit...you and your nation.

It really is that simple. Anybody who thinks otherwise is letting the cheapskate in them control their mind.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So you are saying that everything you have is built in america. I think not! If not then you are just as bad as the rest of us. Buying one thing from china is no better than buying 5 things from china.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]!!

Old 05-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

@ 2manytoys

Gotta admit, I kinda saw your response in advance. You see, almost anytime I advocate supporting Americans by puchasing American products, there is always a fellow American who tries to make this all just sound stupid. That it is all futile. That anyone who advocates doing the right thing is just as guilty as those that don't, etc. In other words, they look for a excuse to continue doing what they are doing today. Most often it is some argument that is founded upon twisting princple to the extreme and 50% of the crowd falls for it and 50% may not. You don't have to agree. But please don't suggest that I am just as bad as the guy who drives a Toyota and has a Honda in the garage. And buys a cheap ATV from China and owns a Honda ATV. Because that just isn't true.

Quick Reply: Chinese Utility ATV's