Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

So how many went to Windrock?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So how many went to Windrock?

I went and joined thousands of other people at windrock this past weekend and was wondering who all was there? The weather wasn't the best but the rain did make the trails nice and slick. It kept the dust down for Saturday. Did you have a great time?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

I didn't go to Windrock last weekend but I will be there in 2 wks. At last count 38 riders from my town are going to Windrock. Most of those going are firefighters and police officers. We are all camping for 4 nights. We found out today that they had a 4wd Jeep Jamboree planned for the weekend we will be there, but canceled the event because there were no sites left at the campground...sorry Jeepers. We have been planning this trip since January, so we are well past ready to go!!! We were there 2 years ago and last year at Harlan County, KY. Next year we are thinking about Moab, Utah??? That is a 23 hr. drive from southern Indiana...so I don't know, have to think about that one.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

captainskodiak, I see that you are thinking about going to Moab. I went there 2 years ago and it is worth the drive. I live in Southern Indiana also and it took about 25 hours. We also rode the Paiute Trail which was awesome. We rode 500 miles all together in little over a week.

What part of Indiana do you live in? I live in Sellersburg.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:22 AM
Range Rover

angler, I live in Princeton, north of Evansville about 25 miles. We have been thinking about it, but sounds like it will be somewhere closer next year. Maybe Hatfield-McCoy? I think I would really like the riding out there because I enjoy rock crawling, creek crossings, and trail riding as much as mud riding. Maybe sometime in the future, probably not next year though.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't get to make to the spring jamboree but will defiantly be at the fall jamboree. We had a blast at the last fall jamboree. I have a countdown timer on my desktop for the fall ride. Only 171 days 10 hours 5 mins and 27 seconds.

Old 04-29-2007, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

My countdown ends Tuesday at midnight. We loaded the atv's today, and will load the rest monday and tuesday. Can't wait to get there and ride. I just looked at Intellicast and wunderground and they said slight chance of rain each day, sweet... a little mud and no dust... and I have a lot of rain gear. The big plus this year is that I am taking a neighbors 24' enclosed trailer, and sleeping in it, so leaky tents for me.