Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?

400 cc Suzuki Eiger will do anything any full size quad will do!
An Eiger will tow the same weight, go through any mud hole and climb any hill that any quad will do.
i'd love to see that for myself......although i think you are truly mistaken

Old 05-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

I would recommand a 650 or over machine. You can never have enough power. If you ever want to put bigger tires on in the future you dont want a little 400cc machine that is gonna be underpowered.

Go for the 700griz

Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

get upwards of a foot of fresh heavy snow and the 400 shows its weakness. I like that Grizz, but the Rincon is worth your attention. I just haven't warmed up to belts yet and I've driven new Yamaha belt drive machine. The BF650 is suppose to be the best bang for the buck (looks that way on paper any way), but it's not enough for me just to be the fastest on the straightaways. The next one I get is going to handle and ride as well as I can get. I can live (and ride) without a locker or power steering. good luck deciding.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

Coming from the MX to a ute atv, I would definitely have to recommend you to the BF650 SRA. This machine can do everything you want it to as far as trail riding, and work are concerned. The rear end will slide out from under you to be able to power slide corners, and taking small jumps is not a problem either. I know this isn't no two stroke racer, but for what you are looking for, and your background of riding experiences, I would definitely look into the Kawasaki BF650 SRA if I were you...

But then again, all of those things are the reasons I own one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigbear250

Coming from the MX to a ute atv, I would definitely have to recommend you to the BF650 SRA. This machine can do everything you want it to as far as trail riding, and work are concerned. The rear end will slide out from under you to be able to power slide corners, and taking small jumps is not a problem either. I know this isn't no two stroke racer, but for what you are looking for, and your background of riding experiences, I would definitely look into the Kawasaki BF650 SRA if I were you...

But then again, all of those things are the reasons I own one [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Thanks bigbear. I was orriginally thinkng about the SRA, but the BLM land behind my house is ROCKY as hell; hence the reason I think I want IRS. Noto nly is it rocky, but it's hilly, so the extra touque of the 750 would help.

I think my choice is between hte Grizzly and the BF750.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: CaptainQuint

Out of the ones you mentioned I would go with the King Quad. It is the most well rounded of the bunch. It needs a new air filter before you run it though. Plus there is a new ECU coming out for it that will really juice it up. Really nice machine. Suzuki is crap for service after the sale though so be warned.

The Brute Force needs a new set of high dollar shocks before it is really useful for anything. It is a great machine if you want to build a hot rod or a mudder or something. A great machine for projects.

The Honda doesn't have a locker and apparently doesn't ever intend to offer one no matter how loud their dealers scream about it. It cripples the machine for many purposes. I'm a long time Honda fan and a Honda owner but I'll skip buying a new Honda until they figure out 4 wheel drive means just that.

The Grizzly is a good machine but it is having teething problems in its first year. They are having problems with the Electronic Fuel Injection, with boiling gas and with the power steering being damaged from debris or being submerged. Give it a year or so to get the bugs worked out. it's a winner in the making though. Great machine if you want to be a Yamaha's beta tester.

A couple of others:

Can-Am 800
hideously fast, needs skid plates, hit and miss front differential. Super fun ride.

Polaris 800
super smooth ride, crappy 1 handle brake like can-am, only get models with ADC, sorta heavy but seems rugged.</end quote></div>

this has to be one of the best posts ever. he hit almost every one on the dot.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should consider the brute force 650i. It is 500 dollers cheaper and has basically the same power as the 750. If you do get a 750, make sure it is an 07 or higher because that means they changed the handling to make it as good as the 650i.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

V2 I think Eiger joe is related to Motof150!

Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, I'll stir the muck...

A buddy of mine had an Eiger 400, and I was struck by what a nice riding and capable little machine it is... BUT I know for a fact it will NOT climb everything a 650 Rincon will.

I later attempted the same loose cinder rock hill on my 500 Foreman, and didn't make it either, so don't feel bad.

Back on topic:

I really like my 680 Rincon (no secret around here). I like the way the transmission shifts, and the way the suspension soaks up big bumps while still giving enough feedback to have a feel for what's going on.

It's tall geared, but with the torque converter and low end torque it will climb anything, but the taller gearing means compression braking ends below about 10mph, so you have to use the brakes to get down technical stuff that my Formam will tractor down in 1st. On the plus side, I find I go over most stuff much faster on the Rincon. No manual locker, but the limited slip works OK under most circumstances.

The 700 Griz would also be on my short list. From what I hear, they are generally reliable, and power steering would be nice, mainly to reduce kickback when you smack that stump that was hidden in the tall grass.

The KQ seems like a well rounded machine. There are theads about air filter letting dirt into the engine, and I'd rather have screw type valve adjusters instead of shim and bucket... Seems to have stiffer suspension than the Rincon.

The Brute Force will be the most powerful of the machines you mentioned, and probably the best mudder. I like their instantly accessable, progressively locking dif lock. Rumor has it the new ones may handle better in tight stuff and steep climbs. I remember being struck by the lack of a water tight storage compartment. Maybe that's changed, or if you don't anticipate carrying a camera or whatever it might not matter to you.

Let us know what you pick.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: motoracer51

I think my choice is between hte Grizzly and the BF750.</end quote></div>

I was in same boat. Got the Grizzly 700. It won every shootout it entered. If you wanna see what King Quad and Brute owners said after they made the switch. Check Nyroc's grizzly section or grizzlycentral.

And don't listen to that teething problem comment above. Most have been SUPER. There has been hardly any power steering issues...everybody loves it. Look at the amount of complaints and problems at highlifter, brutecentral, grizzlycentral and nyrock. Grizzly 700 all the way man. Never look back.

Quick Reply: Which 2007 650cc+ utility quad to buy?