Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

holeshot atrs....questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holeshot atrs....questions!!

hey!!! i have ITP mudlite XTR on my king quad now. looking for a lighter tire. havent heard anything on the ITP holeshot atr's.

anybody have em!? i want the lighter weight for more speed and agressive track riding. yeah, i know...its a king quad but im pretty competitive and need the lighter tire.

let me know!!
thanks guys!

kev

Old 11-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

I believe ITP list the weight of their tires on their website, so you should be able to see exactly how much weight you would save, if any. They are a fairly good tire overall, although I personally think the Teracross tires do a better job at powersliding than the ATRs. ATR front tires bite better in the turns though. Also take a look at the Maxxis 4-speed tires, which are lighter than either of the ITP tires, and very similar to the ATRs in tread design.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Range Rover

I have the ATR's on my Wolverine and I love them. They're light, they handle great, and have stood up to loads of abuse. They are a sporty ride however. My wife's Grizzly has a set of the 4-speed's on it and they are a really good tire for a utility quad. Much more comfortable ride than the ATR's but don't handle as well at speed. WAY better than the stock tires. The 4-speeds are physically a much smaller tire for the same "size" than the ATR's BTW. I didn't weigh them to see if one was lighter than the other.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

look at the Carlisle ACT and the Duck's Unlimited Wetlands Radials. Great all around tire that doesn't weigh a ton. Very durable from my experience. Good in snow.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:11 AM
Pro Rider

I know several guys that that run Holeshot ATR and they just love them. I've ridden their ATVs and I must say they are quite nice. They're excellent on gravel and paved roads, excellent traction on your average dry trails and surprisingly competent in the mud. Don't get me wrong, they're not a mud tire but if you don't do a lot of mud riding they're fine from what I've seen. They're also much easier on the trails. When I've had them ride here on my farm I noticed they were much less apt to tear up my trails than my dirt devils or other riders tires like mudlites, bear claws and XTRs or especially 589s which really make a mess.

I'll add that one of the guys runs a business clearing snow from parking lots, homes, businesses etc. in the winter. He swears by ATRs for snow. He runs them on all of his ATVs/UTVs he uses for plowing snow. He says they get better traction than the heavy tractor lug type tires. Which does make sense when you get right down to the mechanics of how you get traction in the snow. Tight interlocking tread blocks with lots of corners, siping and interlocking tread patterns to grip the snow.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info!! i love the xtr's in muddy/snowy conditions. but they do take a lot of HP away. i did the clutch kit and the power comander, which brought a lot of HP back and then some but id like to cut down on the tire weight. plus the xtr's do cut up my grass pretty well!

thanks again!!

Old 12-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

i run atr's on a wolverine and they are THE PERFECT tire for my style.i ride my wolvy as agressively as my 250r and for high speed trails...they are superb.smooth,no tire roll at all,exellent in snow,and very light. they are not a true mud tire but clean out well and get the job done...especially in 4x4. im selling my old rears in 25" on e b a y now.for aggressive sport/utility they are the one!