Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

WARN power pivot

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARN power pivot

Yes, My driveway is a weird shape so I end up turning the blade frequently. I also plow my neighbors drive way it is long and you can only plow it to one side. So instead of having do drive back to the top to push the snow I can angle the plow and make a pass back up the driveway. Don't assume everyone's driveway is the same as yours Jumbo.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default WARN power pivot

I'm not making any assumptions. I just asked a question. If I was making assumptions I wouldn't have asked. I know that not everyone has a straight driveway, but any that I've plowed didn't require changing the blade angle much if any. I've plowed several driveways of friends, neighbors, and relatives too. I've also plowed my street. I angle the blade all the way to one side and leave it there and drive back and forth from corner to corner plowing in both directions widening it out.

My uncles' driveway is so long there's a map of it in the state atlas. We plowed it with a tractor but kept the blade at one angle the same way I plow the street with my ATV. My plowing has been with the blade either staight or angled one way but not changing back and forth. After all these years of not adjusting it much it's hard for me to picture a driveway that would require changing the blade a lot. None of the people I talked to about plowing had that problem either. That's what so great about the forums - people in other places have experiences that are so much different from mine and my friends.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default WARN power pivot

The "driveway" itself requires me to have the blade both straight and angled to get the snow moved around where I need it. The lane to my house I can pretty much do all with the blade angled except for a little bit down by the county gravel road. When the county road doesn't get plowed I plow it myself and all of it is done with the blade angled.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Exclamation Warn Power Pivot design flaw

Just went all out with the Warn Plow & their Power Pivot. Went to pick it up at the installer's shop and we talked about a design flaw with the Power Pivot's lock/key mechanism...it seems destined to fall out and get lost so I'll be modifying it to prevent loss of those locking keys on the Power Pivot. Once we hit the winter/snow season i'll post again with a review.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

What warn plow and mount type did you get? I've been considering warn for my new plow. The warn plow looks very well made.

I'll definitely be interested to see how the power pivot works for you.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warn plow harware setup

Warn's harware quality seems like it will stand up to the abuse it'll receive when plowing, unlike the plow I had for my Cub Cadet lawn tractor...it sucked! Here's the setup I went with:

Warn RT30 Winch & mount plate for my ATV model.
Warn ProVantage 50" straight plow blade.

Warn ProVantage Center Mount:
I went with the center mount because in theory it will help resist bending parts if you hit a snag while plowing...like uneven asphalt or a snow bank.

*An FYI though - the installer did mention that the front mount would allow the blade to be lifted a bit higher with the winch, and the bracket mount to the bottom frame reduces more ground to frame hight clearance vs the front mount (I'll remove it off-season).

Warn Push tube for center mount.
Warn Power Pivot:
This functions well so far with the exception of that design flaw. I placed thin self adhesive rubber where the plastic cone is placed to create some sort of seal and tighten it. As for the the two "locking keys", i'm trying pool cover wire tied/tightened with the pool wire's rachet clamp. We'll see how that holds, i'll be ordering extra " lock keys" just in case.

Best of luck in picking out a plow setup!

Old 01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Exclamation Power Pivot follow up (& the Winch!) Grrrrrrrr!

Okay so I have now cleaned up after three snow storms. The first storm was wimpy so everything was fine.

The storm after Christmas day however, the Power Pivot couldn't find a locked position AND the Winch snapped!

Today's storm (1/12/11), same Power Pivot issues and THE WINCH SNAPPED AGAIN!

DO NOT BOTHER BUYING THE POWER PIVOT! It's a flawed design with its "key" locks, had I not modified it I would have lost those suckers all together.

I'll be replacing the winch line with a synthetic one, hopefully that will help.

These days you can spend top dollar only to get crappy designs.
I'm VERY dissapointed!

Steve

Old 01-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

I do alot of plowing with my UTV and would love some sort of power assit to angle the blade as i do have to change the angle often I talked to Warn to see if the power pivet would work with my eagle plow but they said no it would have to be a warn set up to work but I wonder how hard it would be to modify and make work with a diffrent brand? anyone know or know of a good kit out there? it looks like this has not been resolved.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by myBruteForceWarnPlow
Okay so I have now cleaned up after three snow storms. The first storm was wimpy so everything was fine.

The storm after Christmas day however, the Power Pivot couldn't find a locked position AND the Winch snapped!

Today's storm (1/12/11), same Power Pivot issues and THE WINCH SNAPPED AGAIN!

DO NOT BOTHER BUYING THE POWER PIVOT! It's a flawed design with its "key" locks, had I not modified it I would have lost those suckers all together.

I'll be replacing the winch line with a synthetic one, hopefully that will help.

These days you can spend top dollar only to get crappy designs.
I'm VERY dissapointed!

Steve
Winches will very easily snap the line if your not carefull about how high you raise the blade, after a while you will get used to your setup and find this will happen less..That said however I stopped using my sythetic and cut down a 3" wide tow strap to 10ft..unspooled the synthic and placed it in a bag stored on my atv so I have it with me just in case. I then used a small amount of duct tape to start the 3" strap against the spool as this strap winds up it will snug down upon itself and it works great with the plow..it will not snap however if your not carefull you could bend brackets. There is alot of other usefull plowing information in the atv section of PLOWSITE.COM this is where I got the strap idea, plus their is some info on what others have done with their powerpivots

Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

American Manufacturing (Eagle Plow) now offer a turning system that looks just like Warns power pivet anyone used this yet or have any info on it?

Quick Reply: WARN power pivot