Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Whats the best mud bogging atv

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the best mud bogging atv"></title><script src=

2009 AC 700 EFI Mud Pro, pre snorkeled with 29.5" outlaws from the factory. if thats out of your limit a 700, 650 or 550 H1 from AC. If youre not an AC fan go Yamaha. POlariS has the stupid auto locker. id rather be in control and not the machine.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tehpwnerer

POlariS has the stupid auto locker. id rather be in control and not the machine.</end quote></div>

Ride a Polaris, the stupid auto locker gives you better control of the machine!

Old 09-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer

my inlaws have POSes and they are not nearly as nice as the manual diff locks IMHO. ive seen a lot of ppl on the trails as well that get stuck and the machine doesnt even throw in the 4th wheel sometimes and sometimes it takes more spins than it says it takes and you have to lose before you gain. ill stick to controlling it myself.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Whats the best mud bogging atv

The only way a Polaris will spin one front wheel and not the other is if it's broken. There's no differential so when it engages it spins both wheels equally like a solid axle. When it's locked in it's fully locked. After the videos I saw yesterday I think the Polaris Sportsman XP 850 Is the best stock mud bogging ATV. The people who haven't ridden a Polaris 4x4 should know that the front end locks and unlocks so fast you can't even feel it lock in or unlock. It locks in when the rear tires slip a tiny fraction of a revolution. It works faster and better than Visco-Lok and way better than limited-slip. You can turn on the On-Demand 4x4 on at 50 mph if you want to. You can even flip the switch once and leave it on forever if you want, and the 4x4 engages when it needs to. You don't ever have to stop or slow down to turn it on or off, and you don't have to hold any levers in either. You just hit the throttle and go. If you want to play in 4x2 just flip the switch, even if you've got it hammered, WOT. Almost everyone who talks sh*t about Polaris has never owned one and they're just talking out their a$$. People who own them can give you opinions that actually mean something.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

my inlaws have POSes and they are not nearly as nice as the manual diff locks IMHO. ive seen a lot of ppl on the trails as well that get stuck and the machine doesnt even throw in the 4th wheel sometimes and sometimes it takes more spins than it says it takes and you have to lose before you gain. ill stick to controlling it myself.</end quote></div>

You really know what you're talking about! Polaris either has 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive. No 3 wheel drive unless its broke.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JMR866

my inlaws have POSes and they are not nearly as nice as the manual diff locks IMHO. ive seen a lot of ppl on the trails as well that get stuck and the machine doesnt even throw in the 4th wheel sometimes and sometimes it takes more spins than it says it takes and you have to lose before you gain. ill stick to controlling it myself.</end quote></div>

You really know what you're talking about! Polaris either has 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive. No 3 wheel drive unless its broke.</end quote></div>

What do you expect from him? Almost every post of his says Polaris is a POS but he never mentions how many he bought or if he <u>ever</u> owned one. If half of your axle broke off maybe you could spin 3 wheels.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

Can Am usaly wins

Old 10-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: brpbear

Can Am usaly wins</end quote></div>

Well i have a buddy that an 08 can am 800 high output and w/ only 70 miles on it he ahd a bearing go out and burnt the belt. Thats doesnt leave a very good impression on me so i would not suggest a can am. they may be a very good quad, but i would have to see it before i would suggest it.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Polaris EFI Sportsmans are the only ones with good tires on them stock. 26" radials. It does a good job without a lift or anything.</end quote></div>

Actually the Grizzlys tires stock are pretty damn good dude. Might not be as good as Polaris though.

Anyway the best quad for deep mudding is a Grizzly 700 because it has 11.8 inches of ground clearance, only weighs 600 pounds and it has true diff lock. Polaris are good but I prefer a manual diff lock and Sportsmans are way to heavy. The new Sportsman XP has 12 inches of ground clearance but it's got a HUGE 186 pounds on the Grizzly meaning it most cases it's going to sink down into the mud deeper. Grizzly is just a smarter design overall and overall would be better for the much with it's wide a-arcs that wouldn't drag as much in the deep stuff. A Sportsman 850 might to better in a few situations but overall a Grizzly would do better.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Moto Psycho

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Destruction101

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: jumbofrank

Polaris EFI Sportsmans are the only ones with good tires on them stock. 26" radials. It does a good job without a lift or anything.</end quote></div>

Actually the Grizzlys tires stock are pretty damn good dude. Might not be as good as Polaris though.

</end quote></div>

Out of the ATVs he named, Kawasaki, AC, KQ, Sportsman, I said that about Sportsmans. <u>It sounds different when you take it out of context.</u> I haven't seen a Grizzly 700 yet, so maybe the tires on them are good, but the stock tires on the 660 were horrible. They had about the same amount of tread new as Polaris tires with 10,000 miles of wear on them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Whats the best mud bogging atv