Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

grizzly 700 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grizzly 700 exhaust

I am going to purchase a new slip-on or full system for my 2007 grizzly 700. Does anyone have any suggestions on which one. It seems that the hmf is good. I was going to order one but I was asked if I wanted the dobeck or not. What is the dobeck? I was also thinking about the two brothers. If anyone has had any good experiences with any slip-on or full, I would appreciate feedback.. thanks

Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

I to was thinking about an exhaust upgrade for my 08 Griz 700. I don't want my machine to be way more noisey though. Any suggestions for quiet exhaust upgrades for my atv or anything that can make it so it's not so loud. Oh i'm also more concerned about torque than horsepower.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I bought an 08 Grizzly 700 a couple of months ago and am curious as to why either of you think an aftermarket exhaust system is needed and if so will it void the warranty. I am also curious *** to what either of you think about the quality of the tires as people always seem to want to "upgrade". Are the upgrades for "specialized" conditions or do you consider the original rubber junk? I don't usually put new tires on until I wear the new ones out.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tripleR

I bought an 08 Grizzly 700 a couple of months ago and am curious as to why either of you think an aftermarket exhaust system is needed and if so will it void the warranty. I am also curious *** to what either of you think about the quality of the tires as people always seem to want to "upgrade". Are the upgrades for "specialized" conditions or do you consider the original rubber junk? I don't usually put new tires on until I wear the new ones out.</end quote></div>

An after market exhaust will increase power so you can compete with bigger bore ATV's like 800's. More Horse power means more speed and acceleration. More torque means more raw low geared power and pulling ability. Thats why. I guess it's a matter of opinion if you decide you want more or not...I mean some people are satisfied with 400 cc ATV's. The stock tires are ok and good all round tires but you can get MUCH better ones that can drastically increase the performance of whatever you decide you want to perform better on that select terrian. I can get through somne wicked **** with my stock tires but think about what I can get through with upgraded tires. All these upgrades increase performance.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

I use to always go with aftermarket exhausts on my cars trucks and motorcycles, but this always required fine tuning of the carburetors and intake or you could wind up with a hole in your piston. Since I have gotten older and most of my stuff is FI, I have pretty much stayed with stock exhaust systems. Old farts don't "need" all that much power. Thanks for the information.

As to tires I am more interested in quality than tread pattern as I don't get into any extreme terrain or riding at my age. I have experienced poor quality "name brand" OEM tires on vehicles before and was wondering about the Grizzly as it has Dunlop and my Rhino has Maxis.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

When I bought my Grizzly in 2007, I purchased the ITP SS wheels with Mud lite xtr tires. I used them for a while until I decided I wanted more acceleration on my bike. I added a K& N filter and removed my stock tip. With the Mud lites, I was still not as quick as I would have liked. I watched youtube videos of grizzly's with new exhausts and they mentioned about their front tires lifting off of the ground when they took off. I got the k & N and took the tip off like I said and it did not do this. I definately felt the power though. So, I took off the new and put the oem tires and rims on. Front lifted right up on take-off. And, my acceleration is way better. I didn't realize how heavy those aftermarket tires were until I replaced them. Anyway, I go to Hatfield McCoy as often as I can and my wolverine 450 got through everything that I did with its stock tires that I did with my aftermarket tires. The aftermarket tires are very good tires but I have not found that they do anything better than stock and I go through everything. Although, they do look really awsome. So, now they sit in a pile in my back yard (tires with rims), along with another set that I orderd for my wolverine (tires and rims), getting old. The bigger tires are just too darn heavy to get the desired speed and acceleration that I like. Also, I could not make it up the very steep hills becuase of the power loss that I received by trying to turn the large aftermarket tires towards the top of the hills. I can do those hill now. Also, I believe it is the locking diffs that make the difference. I am going to invest in Maxxis tires like my wife has on her Polaris 800. They are good performance tires and they do not weigh a ton.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: greggandsons

When I bought my Grizzly in 2007, I purchased the ITP SS wheels with Mud lite xtr tires. I used them for a while until I decided I wanted more acceleration on my bike. I added a K& N filter and removed my stock tip. With the Mud lites, I was still not as quick as I would have liked. I watched youtube videos of grizzly's with new exhausts and they mentioned about their front tires lifting off of the ground when they took off. I got the k & N and took the tip off like I said and it did not do this. I definately felt the power though. So, I took off the new and put the oem tires and rims on. Front lifted right up on take-off. And, my acceleration is way better. I didn't realize how heavy those aftermarket tires were until I replaced them. Anyway, I go to Hatfield McCoy as often as I can and my wolverine 450 got through everything that I did with its stock tires that I did with my aftermarket tires. The aftermarket tires are very good tires but I have not found that they do anything better than stock and I go through everything. Although, they do look really awsome. So, now they sit in a pile in my back yard (tires with rims), along with another set that I orderd for my wolverine (tires and rims), getting old. The bigger tires are just too darn heavy to get the desired speed and acceleration that I like. Also, I could not make it up the very steep hills becuase of the power loss that I received by trying to turn the large aftermarket tires towards the top of the hills. I can do those hill now. Also, I believe it is the locking diffs that make the difference. I am going to invest in Maxxis tires like my wife has on her Polaris 800. They are good performance tires and they do not weigh a ton.</end quote></div>

This is interesting but you should know that extreme mud tires and performance tires can be harder to brake from the ground not only due to their weight but because they hook into the ground very well to find traction. Also there is no way your 450 wolverine made it through more **** than a grizzly equiped with mud lite XTR's. What kind of Grizz was it? After market tires can increase performance tremendously and Mud Lite XTR's are no joke you can get through way more **** with those than you would be able to with stock.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

gregandsons,

Thanks for the information, I have had good results with K&N. I don't like a noisy exhaust systems for public relations and it just gets on my nerves, so I guess since enhanced performance and noise go hand in hand I will leave mine stock. In regards to tires that is similar to what a lot of people in this area including my brother, son and nephew have run into with big assed aftermarket tires on 4X4 trucks. They look great, but often are too much of a "good thing". We have almost a garage full of those things and everyone has gone back to tires much closer to the originals. They get better performance and have far fewer mechanical problems. I can't remember the last ATV with large aftermarket tires I have seen in this area other than the rice farmers for a while, but they were unlike any I have seen anywhere else in that they were very tall and narrow. They have mostly gone to Rhinos, Rangers and such now.

I can only speak for myself, but stock tires do everything I need for them to do and I have never been stuck. I may go to aftermarket, but if I do I will stay with the original size; maybe ITP Terracross. I guess it boils down to what works best for you. Thanks for everyone's input.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tripleR

gregandsons,

Thanks for the information, I have had good results with K&N. I don't like a noisy exhaust systems for public relations and it just gets on my nerves, so I guess since enhanced performance and noise go hand in hand I will leave mine stock. In regards to tires that is similar to what a lot of people in this area including my brother, son and nephew have run into with big assed aftermarket tires on 4X4 trucks. They look great, but often are too much of a "good thing". We have almost a garage full of those things and everyone has gone back to tires much closer to the originals. They get better performance and have far fewer mechanical problems. I can't remember the last ATV with large aftermarket tires I have seen in this area other than the rice farmers for a while, but they were unlike any I have seen anywhere else in that they were very tall and narrow. They have mostly gone to Rhinos, Rangers and such now.

I can only speak for myself, but stock tires do everything I need for them to do and I have never been stuck. I may go to aftermarket, but if I do I will stay with the original size; maybe ITP Terracross. I guess it boils down to what works best for you. Thanks for everyone's input.</end quote></div>

Yeah I am worried about the noise to but there is the silencer thing that doesn't cut power to the machine that can make it almost so you can't even hear it or at least my friend was telling me about. He is going to bring in the article and show me. It has scientific studies to prove it does what it claims it can do so if this is the case i'm gonig to upgrade.

Terra-Cross is a great after market tire.