Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

need a great deal on plow/winch/enclosure....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2001, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I need to take a little survey for those of you who need to plow or work in bad weather...
What I am doing is working with a major supplier of ATV supplies, and I have asked them to toss together a package deal, with a coupon code, that would include an ATV canopy (full enclosure) winch, mounting kit, roller, plow, and whatever else we can think of...and offer it (because it is off-season) at a substantial discount, since most folks shop around when they put together all their parts...

My goal is to get everyone a killer deal on parts, as a package deal. But I first must gather your interest and see who would purchase a package deal for all their utility needs... so let me know if you guys woull buy into something you saved a pile of money on...if you got a killer deal on it.
I will take your responses and recommendations to the distributor, and hopefully get us all a great deal.

Make sense? Please reply if this is something you would be interested in..

Ride on

Old 07-25-2001, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Dryfly-
This is definately a good idea and worth looking into. However, would it be possible to leave out a couple things here and there? Like myself, I wouldn't need the canopy-well, shouldn't say need, but wouldn't really want it. Some guys might. I wonder though about the winch-most atv manufacturers now offer the $69 winch deal with purchase of a new machine, so I would assume a lot of people would already have a winch. I guess maybe I shouldn't have replied to this, as for myself, I would only need the plow itself and the push tubes, mounting hardware. I already have the winch, roller fairlead, etc.

Maybe take this as just a couple "thoughts" to make it happen? I don't know. My Dad's 'Cat is stock though completely, I would go for the complete set that you mention for it (minus the canopy thing), if the price was right. Maybe also throw in those heated grips, or even just the hand guards to cut the wind? They're relatively inexpensive and might be a good addition to your package deal, I don't know-again, just a thought. Or, instead of the winch, offer a package with whatever "lift" method you prefer-such as the hand lift, or that new EZ-go lift from Moose-whatever they call that thing.

Anyway, I do think that is a good idea, you do get my vote on it, was just trying to thrown in a few ideas maybe to help it along. I do need a plow myself, hopefully will purchase before this coming winter, but I'm on a very limited budget right now, it's not feasible yet. For guys like me, this package deal thing could really save some people a lot of money if the price was right, and you actually "realized" a decent savings.

Best of Luck with that, am definately interested to hear how it turns out.

Mike

Old 07-25-2001, 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input Mike... in my talks with the vendors I have been dealing with, I doubt that we will see anything until next year. I spoke with Cabela's about this and they were quite interested. I also mentioned the idea of creating a "pick three" campaign, whererin you can choose from several items at a package price. This also includes the "winch package" wherein you get the push bars, plow, roller fairleads, or mounting kit...

They seemed pretty interested, but as coporate mraketing is these days, I assume they deleted my email and proceeded to upsell the idea as original and take the credit for it.

Nonetheless, I have to get this stuff together and buy it for winter this year anyway...I wanted to gather interest for a larger purchase from some of the folks here in the forum, to leverage that into a better discount.

How the Coug's lookin for this year?

Old 07-25-2001, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said, I wish you the best of luck working things out with the various companies. I've had excellent luck with Cabelas-they are a great company to work with. Don't be surprised if your idea is sitting on the desk somewhere with one of the guys. I have purchased a lot of stuff from them over the years, and have sent a few emails regarding questions on various things. They've always got back to me within a few days, and if they didn't have the answer, they were letting me know they were still working on it, would write back when they did. I think they really value their customers, and there customer service shows it.

I'll be needing a plow for this winter myself-just can't afford one right now. That kit would be a great deal if the prices were right of course. As for the cougs, I don't know-got myself graduated and haven't looked back since! That probably sounds bad, but I've spent entirely too long in school, and hated every minute of it. Can't tell you how glad I am to be done.

Well, time to get back to work on that king bed I'm building. Again, Good Luck getting them to notice. OH, RedHead might be another one to try and work with-they're similar to Cabelas and seem to be good to work with as well-might be a try?

Mike

Old 07-29-2001, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

checking signature

Old 08-04-2001, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like a good idea for new ATV buyers. Folks that already own an ATV may tend to already have one or more of those components. Myself, I already have the winch setup and plow. If you could get a decent price break on an ATV cab, I might be interested. If you could make it a "mix and match" type of thing, that would be cool too.