Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Manual lift or winch for snow plow?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2002, 07:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual lift or winch for snow plow?

On a sportsman 700 get a bigger plow 60 inch. If they sell moose plows look into the Moose County blade. It's the way to go I saw this setup on a sp 700, for the lil extra it will cost it will be worth it.

Old 10-29-2002, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

Can you guys post some online Vendors for those of us who are NEW to this sport??? Im thinking Polaris is waaaaaaay overpriced but Im not sure and I dont have a clue where else to look for a comparison.

TIA!

Old 10-30-2002, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

What are you looking for any thing inparticular. Some places have better deals on one thing and not another.

Old 10-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer

Thnx for the reply Monte!

Im looking to get one of those 60" plows and a winch for the time being. Im too new to this sport to know what other goodies are a must for the 700SP. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2002, 07:10 AM
Pro Rider

I would go with a ramsey winch tehy draw less current under load and wind faster under no load I don't know which one you want 2000 or 2500 I went witha 2500 for mine I found it for 400 with free shipping it came with a wireless remote and a better switch roller fail lead. For the plow I would shop around your dealers it will save you on shipping they may be doing some sales soon because of winter the only thing that will be differrent would be your mount other thatn that find who sales it the cheapes and get the plow there. let me know about the winch and I will look and see where I got mine from. There was a site that also sold the Warn for the same price but it doesnt have the wireless remote and it had the big bulky switch instead of the small roker switch check out there specks and what they come with

WARN Just go to the ATV site and Pic which winch you want to look at.

Ramsey The pic shows a larger switch but mine came with a rocker switch( not sure the diference.

Let me kow either way.

Old 10-31-2002, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

Im not really that picky in terms of Brands but if the Ramsey is as good as the others Im interested! If you cld find and pass along that site info it wld be greatly appreciated! And Im thinking I was a 2000# winch for a minimum.

TIA!

Old 11-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

I will get that for you tonight. I don't remember off hand.

Old 11-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

Here is that place that selles the Ramsey w/ wireless remote for $400 dollars and free shippingC & S Sales

Old 11-02-2002, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

Thank YOU!

Lord knows I cld of used it tonight!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I got the beast stuck in a creek behind my home.

Hey I gotta question about the Ramsey winch.......is the wirelss remote the only way to control the winch? I dont see a button wiring loom in the pic. If it is the only way to use it....is that black box that mounts on the quad waterproof?

TIA!

Old 11-04-2002, 06:20 AM
Pro Rider

Yes the black box is water proof. I've never had a bit of problem with it. Teh ramsey also comes wiht a rocker switch I didn't driill any holes in my plastic I instead made a mounting braket and mounted it on my handle bars that way I can use my thumb on it for plowind if you want any pics I can e-mail them to you.

Quick Reply: Manual lift or winch for snow plow?