Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

If you where me....What would be your choice ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If you where me....What would be your choice ??

Eiger 4x4 manual shift !!!
Nailer,,,,,,

Old 10-09-2002, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

650 prarire all the way is has the most power goes through the most mud ect the olny bad thing is no rear independent suspension but the power is alot more and goes through more mud then any atv

Old 10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptors4us
My Desires... I dont want to have to constantly maintain and replace/fool with bearings and chains and this and that. I want to ride and have fun, take it home...power wash it and put it away. I dont want belt problems and whatever inherent problems there may be with a farm working type ATV. I want a TRUE 4x4 fun quad that is fairly impervious to the elements. It has to have the power...the ability to go thru deep water and muck and mud and not even hiccup. It has to be preferably an automatic.
Thus the reasons I ain't puttin' no dog in this fight.

Old 10-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Range Rover

~Rancher2001~

Have you actually ridden both the Prairie and the Grizzly?

I can tell you from experience that there is no solid-axle machine out there that has the ground clearance of a good IRS equipped machine.

When you are wading through the goop, (Mind you I'm talking anything over 24" deep) and don't know what's under the surface, you want all the ground clearance you can get . . . At least up here where I ride.

The Prairie is an awesome machine, for its intended use.

However, there is no way it can follow the same line through rough stuff as the Grizzly. It would get hung up, pure and simple.

I am not trying to start something here. I am not putting the Prairie down either.
It has distinct advantages over the Grizzly in certain applications. But not in the really deep mud.

Old 10-10-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Another vote for the Grizz...quite happy with mine, with no reliability issues.

Old 10-10-2002, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Now for an opinion from some body that just went through what your going though. I had a DS650 with multiple mods,love'd the bike and its speed BUT it didn't do and go where I needed it to here, yes here in Florida. So, saying that I know exactly what your going through. I checked out the Prairie, Grizzly and the Rincon. All are very nice bikes. I didn't like the Prairie because of the solid axle. So, next was the Rincon and Grizzly. Loved both bikes BUT all any Honda shop near me could get was the red ones for now and a bit pricey. The Grizzly I found in green and camo "camo is limited production, harder to find and $300 more". Anyway I love my choice of the "Grizz". Best thing to do is go test ride all three mentioned here look and the different options they all have and make the decision yourself.

Old 10-10-2002, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Get the Grizz, if you are going to do SERIOUS mudding. The Prairie 650, if you are gonna ride like a sportbike thru the woods. The P-650 isn't as good in the deep mud because of the suspension, IMO. I chose the P-650.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Well... Thank you all very much for your input. I have narrowed to the Rincon, the Prairie and the Grizz. I am going to do some local shopping tomorrow (friday). I left out the fact though that i intend to lift the quad, and install all the diamond plate armor and run the 28's for tires. As a kid, i always wanted to have one of those big 4x4 trucks lifted and big tires and all...but could never even closely afford it. Now as an adult, that same truck is not practical for me...so i'll do it to the quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...

Thanks again so much for everybodys opinion
It is much appreciated !!
Dave Boyd
Ocala, Florida

Old 10-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

RAPTOR4US--- Get the Grizz. The Rincon has no engine braking, and drum brakes up front.

Old 10-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider

Dave-getting rid of the raptor huh!

Quick Reply: If you where me....What would be your choice ??