Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

RINCON WINS BIGBORE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RINCON WINS BIGBORE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!

Finally some positive press for the RINCON. atvnews.com 650 shootout

Old 01-24-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

I guess it depends on how you look at the term WINNING....The Prairie was the Strongest, quickest, and fastest of the group! But I was also impressed with there review of the Rincon. I guess it's not so bad after all LOL.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

Well read the last part, the Rincon was their pick.

Old 01-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

I did! But like it says the Prairie is still much faster and more powerful. I'm not bashing the Rincon.

Old 01-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

If you have driven a ATV for any length of time you will realize that power isn't the best feature to have on a quad. (like a 12-14 hour trip)

Old 01-25-2003, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I think that the Maginzines give some facts, but you just have to gather them all and pick a winner yourself. 3TV- i know what you mean, the mag i have put the 660 last, and i don't agree with that. The blue grizz looks the biggest and the badest of them all! I like it when they test a quad that you own, then you can see just how much BS they are full of!!

Old 01-25-2003, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 3TV I looked at your photo page just wanted to say I love that Truck! I'm a Chevy man all the way....I don't know why I bought that D*mn Dodge!

Old 01-25-2003, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY"S:
I have not read this mag yet...but I read on another forum that there is ALOT more to the article than the SUMMARY posted below. What I read elsewhere basically stated that there was NO winner and that the mag recommended what priority's you have and pick what suits you best. That being said however, I was surprised to read that the Rincon had the" ULTIMATE" engine braking when everyone(Mags) ...even Rincon owners themselves complain about it's lack of. As for ATV MAGAZINE...my personal opinion is that they are a little OFF base in some of their shootouts. I have the mag where they had a Super Seven Shootout...and while it was interesting reading , some of it was absolutely crazy! AND WAY OFF BASE! For example they said "The best 650+ class is the Pol 700 because of it's work ethic and it can play almost as well as it works. They then immediately said that if you want a high-speed sport ride from this class ...get the Grizz660 or Quest!" Now I realize that I own the Kawi 650 and I do love the machine and may be a little biased...but to say that the Grizz and Quest are better sport rides than the Kawi!!! That is simply out of touch with reality! I am not knocking the Grizz or Quest and they excell at certain areas as well ...BUT COME OFF IT! Matter of fact the whole article had more praise for the Kawi ...yet the creative summary at the end, ignored all the previous things they had written about the bike. The Mag then went on to award the POL700 Their ATV of the YEAR award...based on a combination of 3 qualities..."Innovation,Industry Influence and Consumer Interest".So how did they justify their choice? They said" it's engine is the only in-line twin ,and it's innovation is not in it's design, but it's strength is in it's power"! ( THE KAWI HAS THE ONLY V-TWIN AND IT'S STRONGER AND SMOOTHER) They went on to say that this package will continue to influence ATV Manufacturers! (HOW?) Then they said consumer interest is strong(So alot of people are interested) All the other big bores had more inovation than the Pol700 and have proven to perform as well if not better in most areas...SO ATV MAG ...YOU ARE A JOKE! If you are going to award something based on these criteria, at least back it up with real data and not some bull$hit that sounds rediculous. Man when I get going I get a little long winded...sorry. Anyway, I also believe alot of ratings and scores are based on what a certain rider likes. What I like may not be whats best for you and vise-versa. Thats the beauty of having so many chioces and types of machines. What makes me angry is when a machine clearly out- performs something else, it should be acknowleged.

ROB

ROB

Old 01-26-2003, 12:16 AM
Range Rover

Which-ever manufactuer gives the sweetest perks gets the most love,all mag editors have there favs just like we do!

Old 01-27-2003, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider

Don't forget this is the !@##$^^ magazine that had the pole up last year about the 700 Polarass that was loosing greatly so they took it off and still named it ATV of the year. If it where that great I gues they would still be making to bad they stopped and turned it to a 600. Maybe this will be the future of the Rincon since it is so bad it will be changed in a year also!

Quick Reply: RINCON WINS BIGBORE SHOOTOUT!!!!!!