Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson

I own a 450 kodiak and ride with a vinsion manual , kodiak is more confortable , diff lock is a plus , vinsion has more power but not much , if we nail them I can stay real close , vinsion has the best seat I have seen on a utility machine , front plastic sucks on the vinsion , bump any thing and it breaks , can't go wrong with either one , I have not rode with an auto vinsion , but i really like the manual shift machine.

Old 02-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

For what it is worth.........I have used the diff lock on my 450 a number of times and have never had to back up to get it to engage. So far it has worked flawlwssly. The only thing I have to say about the plastic is that they all seem cheap. The fit on the plastic panels could be better, but for me it is not a big deal. I find it interesting to know what others think about the Kodiak 450. Most comments have been positive. All I can say is that it fits my style of riding and so far has been very reliable.
Later.

Old 02-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Range Rover

I have never heard of any yamaha with a diff-lock having to back up to get it out and yamaha has the best or near best plastic of any atv.the kodi 450 is the best in class of any 400/450 by a good margin.

Old 02-21-2003, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went with the 450, pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out guys

Old 02-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

[quote]
Originally posted by: DezDude
For what it is worth.........I have used the diff lock on my 450 a number of times and have never had to back up to get it to engage.

This is what I know (I have a friend that rides a new 450 and he has to back up every time he "unlocks" the front end). If he just hits the switch and keeps on going the bike will not unlock the front end on it's own. He is not the only one with this problem that I know (not that it's a problem, just a bit sticky).

Old 02-21-2003, 06:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: HELLFISH
I have never heard of any yamaha with a diff-lock having to back up to get it out and yamaha has the best or near best plastic of any atv.the kodi 450 is the best in class of any 400/450 by a good margin.
Not a doubt in my mind that the Kodiak is most likely one of the top two bikes in it's class.

Plastic: Well, thats all a matter of what you do with the bike. The looks of the Yamaha plastic are in my mind the best on the market but if your looking to take the bike in the woods (tight technicle trails that require skirting around trees and difficult obsticles) think again. Most people don't ride their bikes that way but the company I keep and the riding we have here in Washington state requires technicle riding skills through hard, tight, muddy and wooded trails that have no remorse for ATV plastic. The Honda plastic is the absolute best with it's flexible outer rubber skirts on the fenders that either fold or pop the rivets out when hit hard. All others tend to crack the fenders. Wasn't meaning to start a big war about plastic but hopefully this explains my position on why "I" don't care for Yamaha's plastic when it comes to the style of riding in my neck of the woods. I do however like the looks as I stated earlier.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Range Rover

i'm sorry i did'nt know that wash. state was so much more was the breeding ground for riding skills than any other place,i don't guess tellico ohv qualify's huh...you know where every magazine comes to test,it's not any more technical than east tn,western nc i promise you,and that honda is to slow to be technical on,and if you hit as much shi* as you let on like,a 49' mercury bumper won't help clipping tree's and shi*...i'll just set here and fear over your mad ridin skilz.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: HELLFISH
i'm sorry i did'nt know that wash. state was so much more was the breeding ground for riding skills than any other place,i don't guess tellico ohv qualify's huh...you know where every magazine comes to test,it's not any more technical than east tn,western nc i promise you,and that honda is to slow to be technical on,and if you hit as much shi* as you let on like,a 49' mercury bumper won't help clipping tree's and shi*...i'll just set here and fear over your mad ridin skilz.
Wow, your kind of a Dick.

I was mearly justifying my point I made earlier to clarify why my opinion was the way it was. I never said anything about Eastern states being any less of a riding area or Tellico or magazines or that fact my riding skills are any better than anyone elses. Next time I will keep in mind how delicate your feelings are.

Once again: "Your a Dick"

Old 02-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

obiviously,everthing that comes out of your mouth goes in it too...*)(*&^ you!!!

Old 02-21-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

If you think a Honda can't keep up in the tight twisty trails, than you are very wrong! That's the only area a honda can keep up, they are wide and low, which makes them handle very good. When the trail opens up it's a different story........................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson