Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson

JUST SQUEESE FRONT BRAKE,THIS MAKES THE WHEEL WITH TRACTION HOOK UP. DIFF LOCK ,ALMOST !

Old 03-05-2003, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

I DON'T HOW YOU GUYS KEEP FLIPING THESE 4-WHEELERS,BUT NOT TO BUY ONE BECAUSE IT HAS A HEADLIGHT THAT MIGHT GET BROKE OFF IF TRY TO CLIMB A HILL THAT YOU NEED TO BE WINCHED UP ???
YOU'RE SUPOSE TO BE HAVING FUN NOT TRYING TO GET KILLED. " GO FIGURE "

Old 04-23-2003, 08:31 PM
Range Rover

I would definantly go with the Vinson on this one. I have raced both of them and the Vinson kills the Kodiak much more power. The Vinson also looks better to [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I like the kodiak 450 thats why i bought it. now someone might choose the vinson over it because it fits their type of riding. thats great too!!!!! but theres no need to trash one or the other. It all boils down to what the person will be using the quad for. I suggest trying both of them out to do the kind of riding that you will be doing, and see where each machine shines and pick it for your reasons, not because someone says that one quad will kick the others wazoo. I'm not too familiar withthe vinson, but the kodiak has a solid rear axle. if the vinson has IRS then i would think a soild axle would be able to pull more. once again it depends what you will be doing with your "Perfect all around quad" that suits you best.
Good luck with your purchase and happy trails!

Old 07-22-2003, 01:20 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: HELLFISH
Thats a good 1,have'nt rode the vinson but it looks like a good machine,you can get a manual trans,faster to i'd say,but it;'s as heavy as the big bores 606lbs,50lbs more than a kodiak 450,and no locking front dif,i have ridden a kodi 450 and it's a fine machine better handler than my griz,either way you can't go wrong,but i don't like the handlebar headlight every quad with one there gets broke 1st time over it seems the bars take some abuse on a roll on a 4x4,but thats my 2cents.
I rolled my Vinson sise over side four times and the front rack and the handlebars bent a little(Quick fix) I highly recomend the zuk.

Old 07-22-2003, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: KodiakOwner
I like the kodiak 450 thats why i bought it. now someone might choose the vinson over it because it fits their type of riding. thats great too!!!!! but theres no need to trash one or the other. It all boils down to what the person will be using the quad for. I suggest trying both of them out to do the kind of riding that you will be doing, and see where each machine shines and pick it for your reasons, not because someone says that one quad will kick the others wazoo. I'm not too familiar withthe vinson, but the kodiak has a solid rear axle. if the vinson has IRS then i would think a soild axle would be able to pull more. once again it depends what you will be doing with your "Perfect all around quad" that suits you best.
Good luck with your purchase and happy trails!
THe Vinson has a solid rear axle and the manny tranny is proven to be more reliable than a auto

Old 07-22-2003, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer

I've found if you're on the gas and trying to disengage out 4 wheel drive then the servo has a hard time. This is due to splined shafts internal & external trying to pull out of each other.Too much friction. Now if you keep on doing this then you'll get burs causeing more problems. Try it!!

Old 07-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Gee, i'll go do that right now! BTW your Icon fits you perfectly! lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Also thanks for the Kodiak Handle bar fix, i'll have to do that to mine.

Old 07-23-2003, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

I havent had the handlebar problems on my 450 like others have talked about. what is it like and how do i know if i have it?

Old 07-23-2003, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

The kodiak 450 vs. the vinson. Maybe you should check out the outlander too. its supposed to be cheaper and has a 3 year warranty and some other bells and whistles to boot. in the 400 - 450 class the outlander has been classified as number one with 450 in second. Thats what ive heard anyway.

Quick Reply: Kodiak 450 Vs. Suzuki Vinson