Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need trail advice for McCall, Wallace Idaho and Hamilton Montana**UPDATED WITH TRIP REVIEW**

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need trail advice for McCall, Wallace Idaho and Hamilton Montana

The wife and I will be traveling through McCall Idaho, Wallace Idaho and Hamilton Montana. Please tell me your prefered moderate to difficult trails for this time of year. We will be passing through in 2 weeks.

thanks in advance.

Jerry

Old 06-05-2003, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

No one has any suggestions for favorite north idaho trails??

Old 06-05-2003, 04:50 PM
THH
Weekend Warrior

Hey Jerry

Three of us were out there from MN in 1999. Stayed in the town of Wallace. Can`t remeber any of the trail names, but they were all good. We stayed in the old motel in the middle of town. The town was very ATV friendly. When we got to the motel we unloaded the wheelers and never loaded them again until heading for home. Drove the trails for five days. It was great. The lady at the motel had some trail advice for us. Also talked to one of the locals and he connected us up with some great trails. Since 1992 three or four of us have headed to Utah, Colorado, Idaho and last year six of us went to Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia. Wish I could remember the names or numbers of those trails.

Tom/MN

Old 06-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the info. I'm in southern Idaho, if you get up this way let me know. we have some pretty fun/difficult trails.

Old 06-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi there--get ahold of ragged on the e. washington, n, idaho, montana thread. We ride sleds over by Wallace in the winter. Heck, he might even join ya' up there.

Old 06-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

We are back from our vacation and had a great time, here are a few pic's if you are interested.
http://forums.atvconnection.com/photos.cfm/ID/351/#TOP

The locals where nice and friendly and the roads well maintaned. I was disapointed however in the difficulty of the trails, we picked up the local area map that shows all the trails and their difficulty, we ran RED OAK, the most difficult rated 5 out of 5 and I never had to put my quad in 4x4 mode. While running the trail we came accross a couple older gentlmen with pick axes trying to bust up rocks on the only steep part of the trail, their reasoning was "this section is dangerous, we are making it safe" (If I wanted safe I would ride easier trails!!) Anyways, the wallace area is nice but you guys need to come down to southern Idaho if you crave harder trails, even the wife was yawning at the trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jerry