Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BIG Changes at Wellsville - U PAY?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2000, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drove to Wellsville today 05/06/2000. At the entrance at the RR tracks, there stood two rent-a-cops. Pulling into the parking area noticed the area had been smoothed out and improved. Now there is a construction trailer with a guy there that supposedly is now "leasing" the land and wants $25 dollars for a "permit" that is good for a year and $10 each time you ride!!! We didn't pay and left...

In talking to some the locals we heard a few different things. One was that this guy that supposedly "leased" this land only has leased the logging rights to about 35 acres that include the parking area. This riding area is about 2500 to 3000 acres yet he is charging to ride!?!?!?!?! Most of the locals said that this is a bunch of garbage and I guess they are raising a HUGE stink over this guy. I honestly feel sorry for him because he is known by all the locals (they all knew his name) and this area of Ohio is a rough and tumble river town area. I think this guy is going to regret trying this pay to ride... there are TONS of PO'd folks down there, this could get ugly real fast.

What I am looking for is the REAL story about this and for anyone that lives in the area that uses the forum to give us the real story on this guy and his "ownership" and to keep me (us) updated so I know when this jerk decides to give up this crap and let people enjoy the area like we always had.

Old 05-07-2000, 12:17 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live about 10 minutes from that area.I ran into the same thing saturday afternoon,though I didn't get as far as the rent-a-cops.We know annoter way in so after talking to some other riders who refused to pay we took off for the "back door".
This way will not stay open long if it's used much so I won't reveal it's location.

I din't ride much the whole purpose of the trip was to test out my hillclimb quad on a couple of hills to see how the gearing and jetting were.I wasn't about to pay 35 bucks to make a couple trips up & down a hill or two maybe all day but we didn't get there till 6 pm.

Ride time was limited and we stayed away from the front area but no one bothered us.come to think of it we only saw about 5 other people.....real strange for a saturday night the place is usually packed.

Greg