Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

wellsville, ohio great place to ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wellsville, ohio great place to ride

wellsville ohio its a great place, multiple challenges for every age acres and acres of riding watch out for the rail buggys, oh'well they gotta ride to. But if anyone knows of any other places let me know, I heard there's a place in canton or akron maybe, i'm not sure.............WELLSVILLE WORTH THE TRIP..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, I am in northeast Ohio and heard there are 2500 acres of land to ride on there. No one can seam to tell me how to get there. Is it private land and is there a fee to ride? If you could tell me about the place. Thanks

Old 11-25-2003, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

i'm not sure were your at in ne ohio but the easiest way is to take rt 11 south almost to the end there will be a wellsville exit, get off there make a right and its a little ways down you can't miss it, Look for the hundreds of other four wheelers in the area....as for paying well I think your supposed to depending on which way you go in, but you know how that is....and I think it's like 10 bucks or something for the hole day....definetly kicks *** there..........have fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry forgot, if still not sure, try mapquest

Old 01-15-2004, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey,
I live near Cambridge, OH, and have heard a lot of people in the area saying Wellsville is open, then not, then watch out for this guy/ that guy, watch out for the railroad police....etc etc. There is a group of us from work that travel to Hatfiled/ McCoy (WVA), Wayne National Forest and other places many, many times a year, but are looking for something we can make a day trip out of. IS this place open to the public without problems? What would be the easiest way to get there from I70/ 77? Any words of wisdom as for where to go/ not to go? Also, if we would come down, are the locals helpful should we need a little help navigating our way through? We tend to get into the moment (aka race) and lose track of how we even got there.
Thanks for any help!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Sling

Old 01-15-2004, 10:02 PM
Range Rover

That place can be a shady place to ride if you don't know your way around.They life flighted people out of there quite a few times over the years.Tons of trails and some of the those hillclimbs that make you look for a way around it.Just because it has tracks to the top,doesn't mean someones gotten over it.

Make sure you go with someone that knows wellsville good,You'll learn where and where not to go.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in SE Ohio - between Cincy and Columbus. Does this place in Wellsville have a name or a website???

Old 01-21-2004, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. Will need to find someone that knows the area sounds like. We are all very experienced riders, but even with that, you have to be careful in new areas. Maybe we can hook up with someone on here if we decide to go down sometime so we are not another statistic. Thanks again!
Sling
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Trailblazer

hey slingshot, just take 70 to route 7 north. go all the way up to wellsville. there is a atv park on top of the hill. it cost ya 10.00 to park all day.or you can go down past the mineral plant & park for free. let me know if yor real interested for sure . i will get ya better directions. i have lived here all my life &have rode there for more than half. it is not a good place for beginners but they can still have fun.take care hilljumper!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2004, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was just out there today agin. Lot's of fun. Of Course I just ride there from my yard [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: wellsville, ohio great place to ride