Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

CT: Rocky Hill Quad Track OPEN 6/21 !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT: Rocky Hill Quad Track OPEN 6/21 !!

It's Here!
It's FINALLY HERE!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The Quad Track at Rocky Hill in Connecticut will be OPEN this Sunday June 21st!!

I will be posting more (hopefully later tonight) at www.CTMotocross.com in the Forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For someone who has never pitched a 4-paw sideways, Tony LoRusso did an AMAZING job setting up an increadible Quad track for you guys!
Let me put it this way...
I'm JEALOUS! especially because I don't have a quad at the moment! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I walked the track with Tony this afternoon, and all I could think to say was...
"Tony, you are going to make a LOT of people VERY happy!"

I will be posting more later tonight at www.CTMotocross.com , but for now, here is a quick run-down on the quad track operation:
[*] Open During normal MX track operating hours.[*] Cost is $25 a day for all quad riders. Full explination to come, but the short one is that the quad track is being run as a seperate operation at the moment. No ATV season memberships(yet) and MX track season track passes do not apply to the quad track.[*] Standard race-day requirements will be the standard at the Rocky Hill Quad Track. This includes, but is not limited to:
...Required Equipment on your Qaud:
.....Operational Tethered Kill Switch.
.....Properly mounted nerf bars with netting.
.....Fully operational front AND rear brakes.
.....There will likely be a "Tech Inspection" to ensure complience with the above equipment. There may also be exceptions for certain types of quads such as minis and utility oriented Quads.
...Required Equipment for Quad Riders is the same as it is for 2-Wheelers.

The track looks like it will be a BLAST!
It covers far more than the whole area that the SX track was on... It reaches all the way back to the tree line and uses all the area covered by the old-OLD 2nd track! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The track features a nice long rolling whoop section, a number of small/medium doubles, 2 larger doubles, and a full variety of turns.

Actual length of the track... I would compare it to Uxbridge, but it's hard to say without riding it. But it most definately looks like a fun layout. It also looks like it will be fun for all levels of riders! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Tony did mention that if the majority of the riders he gets are racers, he will "kick it up a notch" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
But I think that even you faster guys will appreciate the track layout for it's turns, if not the jumps [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

...because more land access is always a good thing!
See you guys at the track!!
--Mark
www.NorthEastMotocross.com

Old 06-23-2003, 02:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

right on,,,,great news

I used to ride mountain bikes down in West Woods.

Raised in Cheshire.

I will surely stop in next time I am in town!!

Old 06-25-2003, 01:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

hehe... small world. I ride there all the time when both my knees are working [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I finally got a handful of pictures posted, along with a track map [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
The are posted at CTMotocross.com in the Quad forums HERE

Let me know if you have trouble getting to the site.
I can re-link some stuff to here if I need to

--Mark
NorthEast Motocross.com

Old 06-25-2003, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

kloudkicker where is this park in CT, we need directions to get there. Thanx

Old 06-26-2003, 03:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

Click for MAP

=> I-91 to Exit 24 in Connecticut (Rt.99)

=> Short distance East on 99 to Marshal Rd.
.......Follow to Stop sign at the end of the road.

=> Left onto Old Main St.

=> Short distance to Goff Brook Ln.

=> Follow short distance past RR tracks and road makes a 90degree right turn and becomes a dirt road.
.......Follow for about 2mi, you'll see the entrance and MX track on your right.

Click for MAP

Old 06-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Nice job Mark. Great resource, thanks.

Mark (bing)

Old 06-28-2003, 07:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I got a bunch of pictures posted of a few guys blasting around the track.

They are posted in the Quad Talk forums at CTMotocross.com
I hope to post a bunch more from this weekend.
The weather is FINALLY good on the weekend! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
--Mark

Old 07-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Just went there this July 4th, I had a blast! Here is a video of the track www.baystaterepro.com/nocando.wmv This is only my second time on a track so you can see it is a pretty easy track. It was also 120 degrees in the shade so energy was of short supply but the heat also kept everyone away and we had the track to ourselves. Check it out, Tony and his wife are pretty cool. My buddy and I had a great time I will be going back soon!

Nocando

Old 07-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nice video post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Just so you guys know, as long as there is a decent regular turnout of Quad riders, and hopefully there will be, Tony said he will definately make the track bigger and more challenging. Tony is new to Quads and was not sure what you guys would be able to make use of or what level of quad riders would/will be showing up most consistantly to use the track.

As long as the rider support/turnout is there, Tony will continue to upgrade the track. He has done amazing things with the MX track. There is no reason to believe that he would not do the same for the quad track [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

--Mark