Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Boyers PA GNCC

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2000, 01:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan Ha Ha I'm 45 years old. Rode at LL in my first race.I rode a bone stock Bayou 4X4 in the stock utility class.With your Warrior I don't know what class you would have to be in.DONT WORRY ABOUT A CLASS!! Just line up where they tell you and just 'ride' your own race.Let the faster guys by and have fun! It was a real blast seeing some of the guys there that I've only read about.I have heard of some guys not even lining up but waiting till everyone leaves the start.Remember to move over for the faster riders. I found out the better riders will hoop and holler be for they get to you so you have time to get over.JUST DO IT! Let me know.

Old 05-22-2000, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I rode my first Hare Scramble yesterday, it was a blast. Like NTHEWIND says, ride your own pace and stay within your abilities. I would definitely recommend getting boots, gloves, a breathable jersey and a kidney belt. Most of all just go to ride and finish. If you don't get crazy you will not finish last. (There is always someone in your class that will break)

Old 06-06-2000, 08:59 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I went to Boyers! What a trail! Today is Tuesday and I am just now getting the use of my hands and arms back. I ran in the novice class and got off to a good start. There were two pretty big jamb-ups before getting int the woods and when I finally got through them, I was near the back of the pack. Looking back, rather than trying to move up immediately, I should have paced myself better. Well anyway, I wore myself out in the first half hour. My forearms were so pumped up, I couldn't even hold onto the bars. After I realized I was no longer in the race, I just took my time, stopping when i need to, and stayed out of everybodys way. Brad, I didn't decide to go until Friday night or I would have made arrangements to hook up with you. Thanks for all your help and info. Even though I finished in last place, I had a great time. Brownsville is pretty close to me and I would like to try it, but I won't be able to make it.

Old 06-06-2000, 11:00 AM
Range Rover

Glad you made it. I hope it was all that you had hoped for. The track was just a little bit on the slick and muddy side this year resulting in slower laps. We usually run five laps at this race. Don't feel bad about your finish, after all, it was your first and to finish is what it is all about. We put four bikes in the race and only one finished(1st in 4 stroke mod), 1 blowed motor, 1 drowned out in the creek and one blowed all the antifreeze out and had to pull out. The worst thing is we drove 8-1/2 hours to do this. If you happen to make it Brownsville, I'll let you know now that it is a much easier track.

Old 06-06-2000, 12:24 PM
Trailblazer

It was a lot more than I expected. Are you going to Brownsville? If my plans change I really would like to go. This could be addicting!! I am not at all disappointed with my results; actually I am proud of myself for even attempting it. Like I said in my original post, I was just looking for a fun ride on a big boys trail. I can't say enough about the people I met or the GNCC staff. The riders meeting took away all the anxiety that I had and everybody I met couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The two races in Ohio-how do they compare with Boyers or Brownsville? Hope to maybe see you there sometime!

Old 06-06-2000, 03:24 PM
Range Rover

We'll be in Brownsville. Me and the guys I ride with follow the entire series. We havn't missed one in three or four years. As far as the Ohio races, Millfield is a very fast and usually very dusty track. It would tend to be more like the Brownsville track in complexity. It also includes a large MX track as part of the trail. Typically it is somewhere around 10 miles in length. One thing you have to be careful about is cows in the trail as it cuts across several pasture fields. Uhrichsville was a new location for last year and turned out to be one of the better trails. This trail is more like Boyers but without the rocks. Tight trail is the norm here with limited open areas. If I remember correctly, it has some very good hill climbs included.