Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Haspin Acres

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haspin Acres

A group of about 8 of us are heading to Haspin on June 28th. Sounds like the weather should be good. Anybody else plan on going?

Old 06-24-2003, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Haspin Acres

Wish I was goin' ! Boyfriend and I can't afford to go out there yet. But , I've heard a couple things about that place. I was told if you go out there to make sure you keep a close eye on your belongings. But that's just hear say , but I think I would listen to the people in this forum. They all seem pretty cool.

I see you're from BG. Are you a college student or reside there? My parents live in Findlay and the boyfriend and I gotta make a trip out there here really soon. We were thinkin' about takin' our 4wheelers with us , but wasn't sure if there would be anywhere to ride 'em close to there. Maybe you could tell me if there is or not....

Old 06-24-2003, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Haspin Acres

wanna make a trip to haspin soon but that weekend is bad. Does your group go often? I'm looking for some people to go with.

Hey bud chick there is a public forest about 45 min to an hour northwest of fintucky.

Old 06-25-2003, 03:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default Haspin Acres

if your talking about haspin acres in southern Indiania i would like to go there but i called there once and the guy wasn't helpful with directions. I go to the Badlands like 3 times a month if not more and haspin is just as big so i've heard. I'm going to Attica on the 28 with my buddy and his girl they just got 2 400ex. If you can help me with directions i would like to ride there sometime. Also if you go to Haspin the badlands should be closer if your coming from the north.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Haspin Acres

We go there at least 3 or 4 times a year. My fiance and I have been going there since 1999 and we love the place. Yes, we are aware of the MANY theives over there. Our buddy purchased a banshee on a Friday, took to Haspin the next day and waht do ya know? It was stolen! So, needless to say he is still paying for a quad that he doesn't even have!

Hey Bud Chic- No, I am not a BGSU student, just lived here my whole life. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother bringing your quad up here. There is no place to ride up here! That's why we always travel to Wayne National Forest, Silver Lake, Haspin, and the Badlands. You can try the Maumee State Forest
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forestry/...sts/maumee.htm

or Long Lake in Lima. The website will at least provide you with an address and a telephone number you can call for more info.

http://www.gilboascuba.com/

Beanz- looks like you have a long drive, but it is worth it. Let me know if you need more info!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...=&lr=2&x=0&y=0

Old 06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer
Default Haspin Acres

yeah i went to map quest the first time but the guy i talked to only gave my rt.1 so on mapquest i can get myself to the town but i don't know where it is exactly at any help would be nice. Also it is a long drive about 6 hours for me but i'll make any drive to go 4 wheeln. Just for me to get to the badlands is atleast a 3 hour drive so i don't see anything wrong with driving another 3 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default Haspin Acres

The town is VERRRYYY small. The people are VERRRRY friendly ...once you are in town..ask anyone and they can direct you. It's easy. Nice place to ride. I've never had any trouble there.

Trending Topics

Old 06-26-2003, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Haspin Acres

Haspin Acres,

I was just there last weekend. Its probably the best riding in the midwest as far as technical trails go. That was my second trip out there. I havent heard of anyone getting anything stolen, but keep in mind, people ride all night long there. The rules say until 11:00 pm, but they are out most of the night. Great place. To get there, take I65 south to Indianapolis. Get on I70 east for about an hour. Head south on rt. 1 . In connersville, Rt 1 will make a left turn. Do not turn, go straight. This will take you into Laurel. Lots of twisting turns on this 8 mile stretch. When you get to Laurel there is a very small sign on a street light pole (about 6" x 10" sign) on the left side of the road. It has a small arrow and says Hapsin Acres. Take a left there, the entrance to the park is just about 300 yards up on the right. You cant miss it.

Have fun,

DStroyer

Old 06-26-2003, 03:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Haspin Acres

Hey Biggie ,

When you say Fintucky , you talkin' about Findlay ? Also are you talkin' about right around the Defiance area?

Old 06-26-2003, 08:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Haspin Acres

yeah fintucky is findlay... the forest is west of whitehouse,south of swanton.

A group of us went to hapin a couple of times last year, GGGRRRRReat place to ride but one of our tents got raided and pillows and sleeping bags stolen.

Quick Reply: Haspin Acres