Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Haspin Acres

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haspin Acres

Well I'd like to update those directions if you don't mind... not trying to be a schmuck, but I can get you there quicker. I grew up like 5 mins. from Haspins and have rode there for YEARS. If you get to Indy and want to come from there, then that will work. You can take however you want but i would recommend one of two ways:
1. Take 52 east off of 465 all the way through several small town and into Rushville. Once you hit the first real stop light (not a 4-way) turn right. You will still be following 52. Take this all the way out of town and you'll wind around a little bit. Once you go through the small town of Andersonville then look for Highway 121. You will turn left on it, and it's at the bottom of a hill and right past a corner so be ready for it. I don't remember how far out of Andersonville it is, but probably a couple miles. Take 121 north into Laurel, which will be the first town you come to. It does an S-curve and then I almost positive it's the first road on your right that you want. There will be a liqour store caddy-corner to your left, and probably a cop car in the lot to the right (for some reason they love sitting there.) You go across RR tracks and a bridge then right at the bottom of the hill is the entrance on your right.
2. Take 70 or 52 E (70 is longer but you can go faster, and 52 is shorter but slower speed... they take the same time and I prefer 52) all the way to Highway 1 or Connersville. You can exit off of 70 onto 1 at the Cambridge City exit (#136 I think) and then go South on 1 for 16 miles to Connersville. When you come into Connersville forget about highway 1 and just keep going straight. If you don't turn at all you will end up headed out of town south on Highway 121. That's what you want. If you take 52 you will come in to Connersville (two towns past Rushville - 18 miles) on 3rd St. and will need to hang a turn right onto Highway 121. For redneck directions it's after you go down the 2nd big hill and there'll be a gas station on the left and a car lot on both sides to your right. Truck down 121 for about 11 miles or so (might be a tick further, but I ain't sure) and you'll come into Laurel. You want to stay on 121 unlike what the other guy said. It goes left, then right and down a hill. At the bottom of the hill make the first left (you're now by the liqour store, cop and there's also Bentley Off Road shop right there and probably a quad or buggie out front cause he stays fairly busy.) Across the RR tracks and bridge, off the left up the hill and you are there. It's an amazing place and out of the dozens of times I have been there, no one I know has ever had anything messed w/ although we too have heard the stories. Hard to confirm, but I won't deny them cause I know that at times the crowd can be a bit rough. Definitely some awesome trails and extremely technical stuff if you want it. Also some nice laid back riding if that's what you go for. Have a great time, and if I get a wild hair I might show up also. And if you want it, the address is:
Haspin Acres-Motorcycle Park
21208 Laurel Rd
Laurel, IN 47024
http://www.haspinacres.com/

Old 06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haspin Acres

Hey Wood Warrior- thanks for updating beanz on the directions. Now, maybe he can get there with no problems. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Went to Haspin on Saturday and had a great time. Just a tad bit dusty though. Can't wait to go back!