Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So Cal Poker Run?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal Poker Run?

Thanks! Please let me know about the kiddie Pinnacle run. We're itching to do go riding again and don't want to wait until the fall. Is the road to Pinnacles fairly easy? In addition to being a novice ATV rider, I'm also a novice in trailer pulling. I can drive forward no problem; I can hitch it up and load it up. It's the backing up that's an issue.

Sounds like there's activities every weekend. Right now I'm interested in day trips versus overnite camping. With me camping must include flush toilets, hot showers and cushy beds, or a motel. (At least until I get a Fun Runner.) On day trips there aren't as many ladies room issues either.

Is Cal State fairly populated with other riders? In the summer seems like early morning is the best time to go. We'll have to try it. In the areas that are full sun are no problem, have EZ up, will travel. Also a cooler filled with cold drinks helps as well. I'm hoping to find and try out lots of other local areas, so we'll give your suggestions a try!

Old 07-07-2003, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: katstoy
How stringent are they with the two stroke red stickers at Arrowhead/Big Bear? My daughter's quad is a Suzuki Quadmaster 50, a two stroke. it doesn't have a red sticker as it's registered in AZ, but all you need to do is hear it to know it's a two-stroke. Do they enforce the time frames that two-strokes can ride? !
I don't think the fuzz will bother you over a 50cc 2-stroke. If they do they must have absolutly nuthing else to do and should be ashamed of themselves.

There is a nice guy ranger or blm guy that works up there. His name is Bob Poole and he has let me go when I deserved a ticket. If you ever run into him don't lie, Be honest and he's cool.

If you lie to him and he knows it he will throw the book at you.

Old 07-30-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

I FOUND IT!!! www.barstowpokerrun.com The next one is October 25 & 26. From the web site it looks like a blast. Persistence pays off!

Old 08-01-2003, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nice job on finding the Poker run thing. My family always rides in Stoddard Valley.
Dave Leckness

Old 08-01-2003, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks. I just spoke with the gentleman who is one of the organizers, a very nice man. He said there are people who come from all over the country for this. It seems laid back with just the right amount of family times and more mature fun (ahh, beers, sunshine and dirt!)

If you're interested, call the Slash -X cafe (their numbers on the poker run website www.barstowpokerrun.com and they can fax you this years flyer. I called them this week and they were more than happy to send it and answer questions.

Old 08-01-2003, 02:36 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

katstoy-You been finding any places to ride???? We did Kennedy Meadows last weekend, and Pismo next weekend.

Old 08-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

No, haven't been out since early June. Weekends have been busy lately. I've just resigned myself that we won't be riding until September I guess. I keep meaning to take a test ride out to Cal STate and Pinnacle to check out the areas before hauling the trailer out, maybe this weekend we'll take a ride up to the mountains. Where's Kennedy Meadows?

Have you heard about the Speed Sports Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center for next weekend (the 8th adn 9th)? I think we're going to check it out as I definitely want to buy a toy box so we can go for more than just day trips. I also want to upgrade my daugher's quad for Xmas, either a 90 or maybe a 125.