Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Silver Lake question

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silver Lake question

no a screen wont work in your pipe, I tried it.

Old 01-31-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

you tried to put a screen in your pipe? what happened how did they find out

Old 02-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

I had it near the end, they looked in and saw it. It might work if you put it toward the front of the silencer, but Im not sure. I think by now they know that toomey pipes dont have spark areestors.

Old 02-01-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for help

Old 02-01-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I had the same problem, I stuck a couple of layers of window screening in the end of my silencer cap on my Big Gun. When they have young girls checking the gate to the sand entrance, you can usually get away with it. But the real rangers spotted it in a second. So I just walked up to David Allen Racing AKA Duneland at the end of the parking lot. Fifteen bucks and I had a SA. You also have to wear a helmet. No booze, etc... this months' issue of dirtwheels does a rundown on Michigan ride areas and lists everything for Silver Lake.

There are tons of things to do there, if not just relax on the beach. Take the fam, they'll have a blast!!!

Old 02-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

thanks i guess i might need to buy a couple for my toomeys

Old 02-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most of the shops around there sell flags, they are a little more $ at the shop right next to the dunes. IF you get one at david allen racing the white ones are cheaper for some reason. If you go when it is busy, you may not get in the parkling lot, they have a voucher system, what they really need is a bigger parking lot.
I Was the one that started this post last year, I took my family several times last year, there is plenty of things to do in the area.

To be on the safe side, I would find a SA for your quad, just incase a home made one won't pass. I have the disc system on mine, they never even stop mine, even though it is loud.

Old 02-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

what exactly is the disc sysytem, and do you know if they sell spark arresters near the dunes?

thanks

Old 02-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you can get the disc system with your type of pipe, maybe some one will answer that. But discs replace the end cap, the more discs the better the flow, if it is to loud to get in, take some discs out,,then add more once you are in the dunes once you are checked..
I would call David Allen racing (right next to the dunes) and see if they have a SA for your system, but first try a home made one, if that don't work, go across the street and buy one.

Old 02-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

ok thanks alot, and do you know what happens if they find out that you just put a screen in your pipe they will still let you in if you were to buy a spark arrester later?

Quick Reply: Silver Lake question