Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ANY RIDERS FROM CT???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2000, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for riding areas or just riders in Connecticut. If you know of any areas or you ride in CT please reply.

Old 05-17-2000, 09:14 PM
Trailblazer

hey i live in kensington ct. there is not one LEGAL place to ride in this state. a while back on the 10:00 news there was a thing about how atver's have no place to ride, there are always gettin ticketed. there are suposidly going to go the the state and propose that they give us land to ride on. I ride in the sand pits in plainville. the cops there are givin people tickets for just standin in them. i have permision from the guy who owns them to ride there. a also ride at a couple places around town. me and my friend have trails that we made near his dad's house and if nobody complains the cops dont do any thing. here are also a couple of tracks some people have made that i ride at once in a while.

Old 05-18-2000, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer

I live in Wolcott and there is a lot of places but they are not legal. The only place i know of is my back yard. I own arround 65 acres and there is a sand hill on my land. The other places in town are illegal but i ride there sometime anyhow. Maybe we could ride sometime. email me at psyduck879@snet.net and we can talk about it. By the way what kind of quad do you own? And Thanx

Old 05-23-2000, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

I LIVE IN WATERBURY,AND MAINLY TRAVEL TO MASS TO RIDE OCTOBER MOUNTAIN IN OTIS. MUST HAVE REG/ TO RIDE.THERE'S A COOL SAND PIT IN NEWTOWN ON RT 25.WISH I COULD HELP, I HAVE A YAM350 THAT'S GETTING PISSED.KEEP ME INFORMED ILL KEEP LOOKING.

Old 05-23-2000, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

I live on Todd Hollow Rd. it is off of Allentown Rd. or Andrews Rd. It is the house right next to the big sand hill. I own all the land arround there about 65 acres to be exact. email me at psyduck879@snet.net to go ride sometime.

Old 05-24-2000, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

I live in CT also. I actually live in the woods around the Plainville sand pits. The local police actually use my (well I rent, so technically it is not mine) yard to get to the town garage to fill up their new “toys.”

When the police first got the quads, the pulled right into my back yard to unload. I went out and talked to them for a while. They said that they are kicking everyone out. I don’t blame them, earlier this spring it was real bad out there. A few times there must have been 30 bikes tearing around. There was actually no where for my son to just put around.

I have not yet been out there riding since the police got the quads, mainly because all my time has been used up building my new 250r. So I guess I am looking for a new place also. I liked the pits though. I drove through the woods in my back yard right into the pits.

j-quads – You got permission to ride the Plainville sand pits from the owner? How? The local police have said they of no one that has gotten permission. Tell me how so I can try to get permission also.

Ferd350CT – are you a member of NEATVA? They do the clean ups at Oct Mt. A good club to join. They have ton of rides and camp outs.

If you guys are into racing, the season starts at Southwick this weekend. I will be there. A lot of fun!

Oct. Mt. Was alright. But my quads are not equipped to handle the terrain. Way too many rocks and such.

Oh, I almost forgot. The CT Motorcross Park in Rocky Hill is building a “quad only” practice track. As soon as the rain stops, I guess he will build it. So I can’t wait for that.

Let me know if you guys are going to the race on Sunday.

Old 05-25-2000, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Everyone know how did reply lets do something at my land in Wolcott on some weekend. Does that sound Good.

Old 05-25-2000, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

yea that sounds great. as long as it isnt this weekend its probably good for me.

Old 05-26-2000, 05:14 PM
Trailblazer

How 'bout on July fourth weekend or is this a bad time