Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????

i live in dekalb IL, and have a few buddies i ride with

the only trip we've made so far is to the badlands a few weeks ago (was awesome)

and we've ridden fvor, and then private property that different people own

where do you guys ride?

it would be cool to get a group ride to the badlands, or silver lake....

Old 07-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Range Rover

I just got my 1st ATV as well and live just north of you. I have been to Bong and out to my parents’ cottage but that’s about it. I am desperate to find some land close to home where I can ride. IL seems to suck for ATV owners... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

actually illinois isnt all that bad, as long as you have access to some private property

i know quite a few places (private) that im allowed to ride

what kind of quad did you get?

Old 07-21-2003, 10:45 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: R00ST
actually illinois isnt all that bad, as long as you have access to some private property

i know quite a few places (private) that im allowed to ride

what kind of quad did you get?
Hey ROOST,
I just bought a Rincon. So far so good, I like it alot. What do you ride???

Old 07-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Range Rover

I grew up in Algonquin and rode the quarry's and pits in that area 15 years ago on my Tri-Moto 125. I agree you need to look around a little bit to find places to ride down there. Minnesota, where I live know is the same way. Just keep asking people where they ride and you will find some cool places. If you want to take a short trip and do some cool riding, head up to Northern Wisc. I am moving up to Iron County next week and they have opened hundreds on miles of trails all over the area. They are opening alot of the snowmobile trails for summer ATV use. You get trails of all sorts, and some cool mud pits. It gets a little dusty on the old rail beds, but the the trails in the woods are way fun. It only takes about 5 hours from Algonquin. The trails don't get to busy because they have just begun to open up, and not many people know about them. I think the Wisc. ATV Assoc. web site has some info on the trails in that area. If not check with the Wisc. DNR.

P.S. If you see a yellow flash as you're riding down the trail....that was me!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Hope to see you up there some time.

Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Range Rover

Hey 87RaceRider,
You should come down and check out your old neighborhood... It's changed a whole lot! They are putting up between 800-1000 homes a year out here! I have been in this house for about 6 years and things are going up so fast I have lost track! Lots of construction sites but even more cops watching them so I try to keep out of them with my quad...

Old 07-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Range Rover

rhinhd,
I get down there several times a year. My family still lives in the area. I know that area is growing like crazy, I use to live across the street from the Golf Club Of IL. (before it was even a thought) when all you could see was farm fields all around us. I lived off of Edgewood and at the time that was the end of town. I left that area for school about ten years ago, and most of the riding areas I knew were gone!! Every time I go back, I get lost because so much is changing. I thought last time I was home I saw a few ATV parks had opened up in NW IL. Have you checked those out yet? Any good? Is the old shut down race track across from Spring Hill Mall, still being used to ride? We use to have a ton of fun there, and I could actually ride there from County Line Rd. If you ever decide to take a trip up north, send me a message and I will give you some good places to ride, or even a guided tour...always looking for new people to ride with.

Old 07-21-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

rhind, i just finished placing an order for an 03 bombardier ds 650 baja

should be here around friday (yay)

we should all plan a trip to the badlands

right now i think were planning on going the second weekend in august for 2-3 days

(i think high tower is going to try and be there as well)

Old 07-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Brat
Rhine
Where's your wifes quad? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Oh Boy Brat did you hit the nail on the head. As soon as we can swing it she want her own! I mean bad! We are going to the ATV show in September so she can check them all out. Kinda sucks with only one right now but what can you do but cope until we get #2... Nice jetskis, are they yours? Oh And who is Timmy?

87RaceRider,
The old racetrack was bought by the DNR and turned into part of the bike trail system out here. They have about 70 miles of bike trails but no atv trails.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
My Sister lives in the town homes right near your parents. I cut through that hood on my way home from work everyday. The trip up north is going to have to wait until later this fall when I have some vacation. I want to find some land (been planning this for a long a$$ time) to buy close to a trail system and maybe a lake.

Very nice R00ST!
I am thinking that would be my choice of sports (unless Honda wakes up and smells the competition). Have fun with that badboy I know I would! Yea I just may show up at badlands. I will be there or foxlake (I think that’s what its called) that weekend.

Old 07-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Roost,

Congrats on the new Bahahahahaha.. I hear your in Dekalb, Illinois. Im from Lake Geneva and my shop is in Richmond, Illinois. Just about 1 hour 15 min from you. If your ever interested in heading to the Badlands, cheese country trail, Occonto county, Silver Lake, FVOR, Haspin Acres, Clark county, Williams hill pass, or even just bong, it would be great to head out with a fellow DSer to put the hurt on a few fellow atvers. But anyway, will you be at the megajam at FVOR in August. They will be having the dirt drags from what I hear. Also, I have a 7 year old son that rides an Lt80, with a few mods of course. Does anyone else in here have kids around the same age that ride. If so, we could meet at FVOR or bong to let the kids hang and ride for awhile.

DStroyer

Quick Reply: Northern IL, and souther WI riders ??????