Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

MODENA(Lembo Lake)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MODENA(Lembo Lake)

Are you kidding me?
I live right on Cromwell Hill Road!
I have a 2002 Scrambler and I rip up and down Cromwell all the time. There are a few trails over by my house (not good) but I recently saw a bear up there and haven't been back since.
I dont think I have seen you at Tezt yet. My buddy has a yellow sportsman too. That thing is a Cadillac. Really comfortable!
I also have a Kawasaki yellow ZX6R that you may have seen me riding around on and yesterday I rode right near Boccis on a Honda RC51 (not mine).
The riding at Mahwah has issues. I only went there once and according to some I only saw a small portion of the trails there. What I saw sucked. I have heard that if you go to the Stag Hill side of things (the mountain on the other side of the hill) that the riding is much better. There is a pipe leading from one side of the Thruway to the other and you ride through it. Unfortunately, the water was too high so we couldn't ride through.
You should also be aware that on Stag Hill there are a group of people that generally do not like visitors. They are the Ramapo Mountain Indians and I have heard that if you avoid burial grounds and being destructive that they will leave you alone. They are also referred to as Jackson Whites (they prefer not to be called this), do a google search and form your own opinion.
The other thing you have to be concerned with over there is parking. If you park in that big dirt lot off the Thruway, I hear, they will tow your car. I went into the Sharp parking lot and followed a road at the end of the driveway down a rocky hill. There were a few trucks parked down there and the people down there said nobody would bother me there.
I highly doubt I will be going back there.

Old 12-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

yea sounds bad. i live off of trout brook road, and plan on going rideing on the roads, once it snows. how about lembo lake i am thinking about going up there friday. good rideing? $? and how is the terrain?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

how old are you?
the only time I have been to Lembo lake have been for Toga party, Sunfest, etc... they were drug/beer infested concerts that were sponsored by fraternities from New Paltz. This was about 10 years ago.
I have never ridden there but I heard it was small (totally hearsay, could be wrong).
I am dying for it to snow around us so I get out on the roads.
Last year I saw people riding snowmobiles on round lake, I would like to get out there once it freezes.
Ya know the road that runs parallel to the back of Monroe Bagel and Deli? Right next to the Post office. Well if you head down that road towards the Bank of NY and look to your left (across from the parking lot that is behind the bagel shop and OTB) there is a hill going up from the street and there are some trails back there.
How far are you from that?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

i am like 5 min from there. have you ever had the cops bother you?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

Not yet but then I haven't run into any either. I am surprised that none of my neighbors have called them since my exhaust is pretty loud.
Is there any riding near you?
I know there is a trail that runs around Round Lake and there are supposedly some trails branching off it.
Let me know if you want to check it out one day.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello- i did a yahoo search for a condo complex in monroe on cromwell hill rd and found this link on atv's! i also live in monroe and have no idea where to ride. i have been to mahwah and you will get stopped there and asked for registration and insurance. also, go through the water pipe you get a ticket. was told oil could get in the water?! anyway, after seeing your MONROE talk, thought i would sign up here and join in!

Old 12-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

welcom to the nation, well now that it it winter, i will be on the roads whenever it snow.

v581

Old 12-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Trailblazer

Cleanimage,
Are you moving into Cromwell Hills? I live right across the street from them. I hear they are nice.

Vinson,
Last week when it snowed really bad I rode my quad into town, stopped at Sunoco for gas and then stopped at the light by Eckerds. I had my buddy on the back and told me to turn around. There was a cop in a blazer at the light behind me!!! I put my left arm out to indicate I was making a left, when the light turned green I went left and he went straight. The roads were such that if he threw his lights on I am not sure I would have stopped.
Then on Sunday morning after this little storm I rode my quad to Shoprite. Parked right up on the sidewalk, got a few things and left.
I am loving this weather!

Old 12-16-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

hey man we gotta hook up and go rideing sometime on the roads, i know great trails, only accessable by roads. and I WILL NEVER STOP FOR COPS just to let you all know.

Old 12-18-2003, 07:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey, whats going on? i just gave the lady a binder and go into contract tomorrow at Cromwell Hill Commons. I am not going to live there, just rent it out. I do live in Monroe though, in OverLook, by the golf course. I was all over the streets in the snow, but without 4 x 4, wasn't always the straightest ride!

Quick Reply: MODENA(Lembo Lake)