Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

I live in Chesapeake, just north or Currituck, Nags Head N. Carolina. Im willing to drive, I know of a couple places but there getting old. Im planning a trip to Peddlers in VA BUT THATS NEXT MONTH. If anybody wants to ride or can let me in on a spot That would be great. Thanks

Old 08-11-2003, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer

Toys,
I live in VA Beach. Just moved back up here from Florida and have been looking for places to ride. I ran into a guy last weekend but lost his phone number(DOH), He said him and his friends go to NC all the time and ride fire trailss somewhere down there. There isn't a whole lot around here. I just got a bunch of mods in the mail so I am icthing to ride. Have a white '03 Z400.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Were going to one of two places I know of on Saturday, I can give ya directions. Its off of Lee Hall exit about 40 miles N of Va Bch. Its not the greatest but you can ride. Id like to go to Nc if we could get solid directions ? If you want to go let me know..

Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE
good question

I was always wondering this

I covered a lot of western NC but never really made it over yander

seriously

Old 08-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

The closet areas I know of is near oxford NC(which is more central NC) Toys I would check outAtvnc.com They have some folks that ride more over towards the eastern part of the state. If your ever interested in coming out to the more central part of the state let me know. I'd be glad to ride with ya. I'm actually from Richmond,Va. originally and have a friend that lives in Chesapeake so I know that area pretty well. Its really all just MX tracks out there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Anyway hope this helps. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

Sounds good.
Give me directions and a cell # if you have one? Mine is (757) 636-7019. I will try and get some pics of the quad and truck on here before the end of the week. I know directions to the Elizabeth City track if you want those? I am heading down there for the race on the 23rd and 24th! Quads race on the 23rd! Name is Dave by the way!

Old 08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

In NE NC there is the currituck MX track, its about 10 min drive south of the VA/NC border heading towards the outer banks. havent ridden there yet but going soon. if anyone rides around this area let me know. ECMX is the other place i know of but i dont know waht days they have pratice. im from Nags Head NC. i mostly ride on my land across the bridge. I just got a z400 about a week and a half ago. my email is jaycen2001@hotmail.com if you know of any other places to ride.

Old 08-13-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider

Currituck is pretty fun. They have a beginner track, intermediate/quad track, and an expert track. Far as I know quads are allowed on both the intermediate and the expert track, with the beginner track held only for children. The intermediate track is a blast with wide smooth jump faces(mostly table tops), although the straights do have a tendency to get chunked up for the dirtbikes. The expert track I think would be doable(I've only been when I was on a dirtbike), but is really set up mostly for dirtbikes with a loooong table top, and some doubles(some right out of corners). Its a fun place, but I wouldn't recommend going if it hasn't rained in a while. It gets REAL hard pack and pretty dusty if there no moisture in the ground.

ECMX has organized practices on the 1st, and last Sunday of each month. If you become a member you can ride whenever you wish(I believe). I'm uncertain if they allow you on the TT course though unless their holding an event. ECMX is fun as well. Its mostly sand with enough clay in the soil content to still build some nice jumps. Everything there is "doable", but it is a rather rough track for quads. With it being mostly sand, and the dirt bikes on at the same time as the quads it gets whooped out and builds braking bumps quickly. Both of these places are fun, just keep in mind that they(like most mx tracks) cater more to the dirtbike crowd. Hope I helped. Have fun.

Old 08-13-2003, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah ECMX is a fun place. I am getting ready to become a member there and ride the district 13 winter series! If you are a member you can ride anytime you want to except for after 12:00 on Fidays because of the stock car races they run there. One of my friends that is a member there asked me to go this Saturday if he doesn't go home to Wilmington,NC. So if your other plans fall through Toys we still have the track that we could go to. And I need the practice anyways cause I plan on racing there on the 23rd! Toys, my e-mail is durabluz400@yahoo.com just incase you don't want to give those directions/phone# out on here!

Old 08-14-2003, 11:02 PM
Range Rover

I am still looking for places to ride in Va... I do have one place to ride in Surry, Va.. have to be a memeber though but its not real big so still looking for places to ride(trail ride) not MX.. if anyone knows of any...PLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAASEE lemme know..

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE