Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in Colorado?

I am going to Colorado September 21-27. I am going to take the quad with me and am looking for places to ride. I would like to check out the Walden sand dunes and any other places worth riding one the east face. I will be spending most of my time in the Canon City area. If anyone knows of any places or trails to ride in that area please let me know. I am riding a two wheele drive sport quad so the trails have to be reasonably easay. If anyone wants to join me any of those days and show me around let me know where and when to meet you. It would be great to have a guide seeing as how i have never ridden in Co. before. I know my way around the main roads and some of the back roads pretty well but if i gett on a trail Ill be lost in no time. Thanks for any info.

p.s. I do not plan on buying paddle tires for the sand. I cant justify spending that kind of money for something I will only use once. Will I be able to get around the doons ok yet or will I be in trouble?

Old 08-13-2003, 11:38 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

I used to live in Colorado. I would go to Walden at least twice a year, the one thing you want to check is the weather, it's a lot higher altitude at Walden. If you are going to Canon city, check out Pueblo, they have a huge ride area. They also have a drag strip, motocross track/flat track and miles of hills and trails in the same area. I would go there at least every other week. Check it out..

Old 08-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info. Ive never been to pueblo before. Where is this place and is there any areas that my wife can ride. She is a beginner and has crashed climbing a small hill before and ever sence does not like challanging terain. One other thing, Is there any where to rent quads for her to ride that isent going to cost an arm and a leg. We are looking for a automatic preferably. thanks

Old 08-14-2003, 09:31 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

Not sure about rentals, Ft Collins approx 100 miles from Walden might have places to rent for the dunes.

Pueblo is on I-25 & hwy 50, about 30 miles from Canon city. They have miles and miles of trails/open riding areas.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

99500scrambler,

For a good source of information on trails and people to ride with, go to www.atvnation.com. Visit the forums and look in the Club House under Rocky Mountain Rock Hoppers. Post your question there and you will be given plenty of places and people to ride with. I haven't been to Canyon City but I have heard that some of the best trails in CO are in that area. There are also quite a few in the Woodland Park area NorthWest of Colorado Springs off of Hwy 24. It is quite smooth to ride on but you need to bring or buy a MAP! The place in Pueblo is more of a riding park - I believe with a very high traffic of Motorcycles. Pueblo is about half way between Canyon City and Colorado Springs. Good luck and have fun!

Old 08-15-2003, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks I will do that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 08-19-2003, 05:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just outside the Canon City area you will find Texas Creek in September it should be pretty nice.

There is a wide vareity of trails from fire roads to tight rocky trails.

Rentals are even available off hwy 50.

There also is a ride in Buena Vista lots of fire roads.

Walden is a LONG drive from Canon City at least 5 hours.

Old 08-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Mortis,

Do you live in Colorado? What kind of quad do you ride? I have also heard that the five hour drive to Walden is not really worth it, especially if you are looking for big dunes with bowls.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:09 PM
zoo
Pro Rider

The closest large town to Walden is Laramie WY. Walden is small compared to places like Glamis/Dumont/Pismo, but it is sand, and I had a lot fun when I went.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

Mortis, I dont supose you happen to know exactly where this place to rent machines is located? Or what its called or better yet how to get ahold of them? If you dont know what its called but you do know exactly where its at please give me directions and I will send my mom on a little drive to find out more info, as she lives rite in Canon City. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Colorado?