Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

THE DUNES ARE CLOSED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE DUNES ARE CLOSED!

Barney called me to let me know that as of now the Dunes are not going to be open for a while......I had called and reserved a spot there for this weekend and he me to let me know that he might not be open!...He is supppose to call me tonight at home and let me know.....I guess if he calls and they are shutting down then it will be Flying W for the weekend!

Old 08-14-2003, 12:18 PM
CED
Pro Rider

Well hot damn it's about time.I guess all the bullshi$$ he was talkin on his website was just that bullshi$$.I sure hope someone else can pick it up.That is the best news i have had in a long time.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

I sure hope that it is true about the guy a friend of mine knows who is trying to get the dunes. This will be interesting to see what comes of this. Keep us updated.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Barney never told me he was going to give it up which I guess he would not do that anyway but he told me he has a guy in BR right now trying to get something worked out so that they can stay open he said he was having insurance and Lease probs

Old 08-15-2003, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider

Well damn it sure would be good if it was someone we knew reopening the area, and then go for a nonprofit club, get monies from the gov. and make a kick *** playground .

Old 08-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

It $ucks to here the dunes are closing. But hopefully someone will reopen them soon. It would be nice to have some smooth riding areas and a little more organization.

Shannon, if he calls try and get more details. Ask him if the owner would be willing to sell, if so try and get the owners name.

Old 08-15-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

I have already tried that but Barney did not lose theDunes he is just in the Middle of renewing his Insurance and Lease....I also asked him if he was doing some renovations and he also said no.....So I guess everything we have heard is just rumors...

Old 08-15-2003, 11:36 AM
Pro Rider

Boycott the dunes Alltogther ...........whats this place i've heard of called RED DIRT shaun your neck of the woods if i'm not mistaken .....

Old 08-15-2003, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Red Dirt is fun! The trail is like 35 miles the main thing is just make sure if you go you go with other sport bikes instead of utility bike because you don't want to have to slow down.....We went and rode the whole trail in 3 hours and that was stopping 6 time for five mins breaking!

Old 08-15-2003, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider

shaun, I see you're from Pollock so I'm sure you ride at Camp Livingston often right? My grandparents live in Ball and I ride at Livingston sometimes when I go up for a visit. How does Red Dirt compare to Livingston and Camp Claiborne?

Quick Reply: THE DUNES ARE CLOSED!