Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Clark County and Black River Falls WI

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 06:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black River Falls WI

rhinhd
The bunkhouse is located on the Clark County trail system. We ride there once or twice every year, will be there on September 13th and 14th.

Tim

Old 08-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Range Rover

If you went to the Rock Dam, You were on the Rock County trails. Going up this weekend and hoping for some rain. It rained up that way last night and predicted rain for the later part of the week also. That will make it a lot better riding. Not so dusty. Enjoy...Dean

Old 08-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Range Rover

Duhhh!!!!! I mean the Clark County trail. (Was thinking of the Rock Dam) Sorry...Dean

Old 08-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Okay - either one of two things has happened.
1) The trails in BRF have been changed by either act of God or some other natural act such as earthquake or volcanic activity
2) You folks don't get out much
or Possibly 3) You guys are local posers trying to drum up ATV tourist business for quite possibly the least challenging set of trails in the Midwest.
I cannot believe that anyone found the same trails I rode on last year from Hatfield to Rock Dam anything more then just short of criminally boring.
Come on you guys – your so busted…

Old 08-26-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

I was at rock dam about 5 weeks ago and i had agreat time. The intense use areas are fun for taking pics and the trails were rock free for the most part. If you think they are boring you must be driving something slow like a 4x4 or a 400ex.

Old 08-26-2003, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You forgot to add........

#4 - It was so dry that the trail dust was too thick to even see just what kind of trail you were on.

or

#5 - The big black flies were out in force and were all gathering on your goggles causing the same lack of trail observation.

Jaybee

Old 08-26-2003, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

LOL We try to go riding the day after a good rain on the dusty trails. Black flies? That sounds scary ,is that a problem down south ? The thing to look out for at rock dam is those big turkeys running across the trail.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I figure if its possible to go more then 20 mph - its not an atv trail, its a road. Does not ATV stand for All Terrain Vehicle? You guys on handlebar'd go-karts might like the easy trails for speed - I prefer something a little more technical and less thrilling. I go jump out of airplanes if I feel the need to scare myself. But I don't call that flying - its falling. LOL

Just poken fun - flames not required.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider

Lol My average speed is around 25 mph. there is just extreme variations. A good 4x4 trail would be Park falls area or parrish highlands in the spring. I think they should name sport race quads STV 's (SOME TERRAIN VEHICLES) Dont get me wrong I used to go through stuff with my 406ex that made the 4x4 guys cringe. Im just into fast trail riding now for the exercise. By the way I still never go around mud holes like some of the wussies that I ride with. Ill try to think up some good atv trails for ya

Old 08-27-2003, 09:20 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
Okay - either one of two things has happened.
1) The trails in BRF have been changed by either act of God or some other natural act such as earthquake or volcanic activity
2) You folks don't get out much
or Possibly 3) You guys are local posers trying to drum up ATV tourist business for quite possibly the least challenging set of trails in the Midwest.
I cannot believe that anyone found the same trails I rode on last year from Hatfield to Rock Dam anything more then just short of criminally boring.
Come on you guys – your so busted…
#1 Turns out it was Clark County trail. My-bad so Sue Me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

#2 Call me a poser again and I will ...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Nope I live in the Chicago Area and we don't have to many trails here.

#3 Wait you said "one of two things"... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have nothing to do with, nor do I care about the business of the trail system or that area. As far as it being "possibly the least challenging set of trails in the Midwest" have you been to Bong or Cheese Country trails? I am also wondering if you stayed on the main roads when you where at Clark County? But now I can understand how any trail would be boring at under 20MPH... Lean into the turns my friend....

Just poken fun too... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Clark County and Black River Falls WI