Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride in the Dallas, TX area for labor Day!!! please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride in the Dallas, TX area for labor Day!!! please!!!

We arew trying to locate some cool sites to ride on this weekend. Something with a little of everything. We just moved into the area from Maryland and need some serious orientation. We don't care if we need to travel a little to have some fun.......Would appreciate your input. Thanks!!!!

Old 08-27-2003, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

You should head out to DS days. Sounds like alotta fast quads and fun, wish I could go.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:08 AM
Range Rover

Shiloh Ridge is a little south of Tyler. If you dont mind a little drive, that is a great place. That is the only place fairly close to you that I know of.

Old 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be @ Shiloh Ridge Friday8/29 - Monday 9/1
Later!
Joe

Old 08-27-2003, 05:23 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

marshall ford at grapevine lake. with the weather forecast this week, it'll finally be muddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2003, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Once you get to Marshall Ford. Is there a parking area to leave truck. How far are trails. Are they visible?

Old 08-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Range Rover

Check out TexMudders site at http://www.ansley.net/. He keeps a pretty good list of places to ride in the North Texas area and other areas.

Ted

Old 08-28-2003, 06:56 AM
Trailblazer

come on down to the red river on highway 37 just on the OK side...lots of trails to ride and miles of river bank to race on if you come be sure to bring ur paddle tires cause the sand is way deep. it dont cause a thing and u can park ur truck and trailer anywhere down there.

Old 08-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Spidy- Welcome to Frisco. I moved here from Oklahoma City 2 years ago and there has been nothing close to home. I feel your pain!

Here are some good ideas though:

The best riding for a day trip is Lake Murray. Take I-35 North to 70 East (I think it's exit 29) and go East about 5-7 miles. You'll see a little Apco station on the right and turn in there. Back behind the station you'll see a water tower about a half mile down the road and that is where you park. It's run by the State of Oklahoma Parks Dept. and they have been doing many improvements lately. They started charging $7.00/day in February, but it is worth it. A pretty good crowd of people from Texas there every weekend. It is only 102 miles from my house to the parking lot.

Next is the Red River ATV park, www. redriveratv.com. They have a decent amount of trails and sand to ride on, but is kind of expensive at $10.00/day. It is only an hour from Frisco though.

Really close to home is an area in The Colony. Take Lebanon Rd West of the Tollway to the Lone Star Ranch area. Past Legacy, but before you get to 423 on the left side is an area that is being cut out for new development. Enter there and you will find lots of trails going all through that undeveloped land. It was better last year, before some of it was fenced and posted, but there is still a good amount of area to explore.

Definitely check out Texmudder's website. It may give you some ideas for other places to go. I have heard bad things about the changes to the area at Grapevine lake and it takes a long time to get over there, so you might want to avoid it. The place Orangerocket talked about sounds very cool. I always thought he meant the Red River ATV park, but now I see it is a little further East on the Red River. I hope to check it out soon.

Never been to Muenster, but it could be something good.

Last thing: They have organized sand drag racing in Atoka, OK, which is straight North on 75 right at 100 miles from Frisco. Could be alot of fun, but I've never been there.

I am being relocated to North Carolina, or I would try to meet up with you. Good Luck...

Old 08-28-2003, 10:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

pairof98s- Trailblazer-wildchild660R-Ball-Scootergptx-dusty1

Guys, thanks so much for the leads. After checking all the sites and the pics it doesn't look so bad after all. I just hope we can hook up some time and do some riding together. I think we'll check that Red river place on monday.
Have a great holiday!!!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Where to ride in the Dallas, TX area for labor Day!!! please!!!