Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

New Yorkers......Trail Pass

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Yorkers......Trail Pass

Have any of you joined.Has anyone even checked it out.Look at their site here Trail Pass

Old 08-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

btt

Old 09-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 09-01-2003, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

Trail Pass is the wave of our future here in NY. I live about 10 miles north of Utica NY and we ride alot up on tug hill and Brantingham which is probably theonly place in the state that you can ride on state proerpty leagally. I talked to a gentlemen 2 weeks ago in Camden NY and he filled me in on what this is all about. From what I gathered thsi will be awesome for our sport of ATVIng. It is a organization that is established that is insured for the use of ATV's. If you go to the site you will see how many participants that have opened up since June (the time when the trail pass site was organized. It cost $50 bucks a year and the fee goes to help support all the clubs, insurance and our riding areas. This beats me joining the three clubs that I am a member of. When you join you get a password and you can go on line and learn about where to ride leagally. For people like me who like to travel every weekend this is awesome and I can't wait to see how everythign pans out during the next few months.

Chris
Barneveld NY

Old 09-01-2003, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for posting Chris.I was starting to think that the rest of the NYers on here couldnt care less.I agree it is going to be a great thing for NY.I am going to join in a few months I dont have the money right now.I cant wait.

Old 09-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

Range rover;

I sometimes think your opinion on if NY 's caring is accurate. Of the 30 or people that I possbile could ride with none of them but myself are a member of a club in which I am a member of three which I have supproted for 8 years or so and have gone to about 2 events. But that doesn't matter, at least i support. This trail pass will be great to support us. As mentioned I ride alot in Lewis county and it is nice to go riding for 8 hours put on 150 miles and not have to get a ticket even though they check for insurance and registration. All though I have to say the DEC and state forest guys have been jerks up there this year nailing everyone for riding on closed horse trails. ( I hope your not a DEC or forest guy?) It is strange we got ticket our first time up there this year and when we went the court the judge laughed and agreed tha these laws are stupid and that these guys need there heads examined. But owe well it only costed me $25.00. If I am correct Port jervis is just above Binghampton? Which is only about 1.3 hours from Utica. Have you ever been to tug hill or Brantingham lake?

Chris

Old 09-01-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

I havent ever been there and it must be another Port Jervis.Where I live is in Orange County on the NJ and PA border.About 2 1/2 hours south of you.Have you been on the nyriders forum.If you havent it is a new forum with people talking about riding in NY.

Old 09-01-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Oh and no I am not DEC or a Forest Ranger.Although I am in Law Enforcement and I know what you are talking about.They do seem to go overboard sometimes.

Old 09-01-2003, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

OOPs sorry. I if it makes you feel better the state troopers and sheriffs are very cool up there and around here. I have never looked at NYRIDERS.com but I will. We are always looking for new places to ride. We were in Johnstown NY about a week ago. 50 miles to our east, North of Fonda/Fultonville which is about 30 miles or so to the west of ALbany, and we met someone from I think he said clifton forks or was it clifton park or clifton springs. From what I gather it was a bit north of Albany. Like alot of riding places in Ny everyone rides there but it is not legal, yet noone really gets hassled. With the luck we have we don't like to take chances. But ut appears that there are alot of places to ride in NY. The best way appears is to meet some new people in new areas and ride wiht them. we have tried the route of going to places that we hear about go there and have no idea where to go, which is no fun either.

Chris

Old 09-01-2003, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Thats what I like about NYRiders is you can meet alot of people that ride in NY and go ride with them in their area.Most of the people on there are TrailPass members or are going to join.I hope that it catches on.I also hope Albany wakes up and figure out that there are alot more atvers in our state than they know,and start helping us rather than doing nothing.

Quick Reply: New Yorkers......Trail Pass