Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cheese Country Trails, WI Ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheese Country Trails, WI Ticket!

Hey, just wanted to let all you know that if you are headed up to WI state parks to watch your P & Q's.

We went up Sunday with a family group and the Brother in law has an 87 250R that is race ready, including muffler. Well, within 10 minutes he was pulled over for noise violations and no spark arrester.

$157 later, we were putting it on the trailer and attempted to enjoy the rest of the day.

Have fun!

Old 09-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Yes sir.
In All of Wisconsin you need to have a dnr approved spark arrester.
Also be Carefull on the cheese trails, They use radar up there to enforce speed limits.

Old 09-02-2003, 12:29 PM
Range Rover

Yes you do! I have close friends that have warrants out for their arrests at Cheese Country. They went off the trail and got $187 tickets. They never paid them and now they are "Cheese Countries Most Wanted" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ...

Old 09-02-2003, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA! That is halarious! Sad too, but funny nonetheless.

The really sad part is that EACH violation can have a max penelty of $429! Amazing that a govt could do that.

We figured we could 'take her', but that may not be inthe best interest of all invloved!

Old 09-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Its generally a smart move to just take your lumps and move on.
That is unless you really like ALOT of excitement in your life.
I'd to paranoid to be a fugative. LOL

Old 09-03-2003, 03:59 AM
Trailblazer

yeah when i was up there the dnr was hiding behind a tree clocking and of course i was speeding but he didnt chase. the only thing i can think of is that i was in 5th gear and he was just standing there so by the time he got going i would be long gone guess its just lucky me

Old 09-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: USMCQuader
Hey, just wanted to let all you know that if you are headed up to WI state parks to watch your P & Q's.

We went up Sunday with a family group and the Brother in law has an 87 250R that is race ready, including muffler. Well, within 10 minutes he was pulled over for noise violations and no spark arrester.

$157 later, we were putting it on the trailer and attempted to enjoy the rest of the day.

Have fun!
She was a BI!...

Other than that , the trails are fun for just some simple joy riding.
Ride safe.....ride hard!

Old 09-08-2003, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

I ride the Cheese Country Trail quite frequently, never had any issues! However, if you're gonna screw around, you deserve what you get, if you get caught!. Those are the reasons why the sport of atving is getting a bad name for itself, peope screwing around, doing things they shouldn't and going place they don't belong! I'm sure I'll catch a bit of flack from my remarks, but I have broad shoulders, and can carry the weight of those who feel otherwise.

If you want to screw around.......do it on private property. Don't make it tough for those people who ride the public trails!

Old 09-08-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

koolkodiak,

No problem here.......and I also have absolutely no problem with DOUBLING that $429 maximum fine......who thinks that enforcement and fine/impoundments aren't going to be the major force that straightens this sport out?

Take those two guys who are ducking a $187 ticket..........."gee", it only took about a four hundred dollars in uncollected fine(s) to keep two idiots from coming back who didn't care about rules or fines in the first place! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer

blackballed

Thanks for offering your opinion!, I'm sure the masses have a sense of self-control, but as luck would have it, a handfull of people always find a way to make it tough for all the others. No matter what your sport or form of enjoyment, there are always those few who feel they are above the letter of the law and do their own thing, regardless how it impacts everyone else.

Good riding to you blackballed!

koolkodiak

Quick Reply: Cheese Country Trails, WI Ticket!