Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Need Moab riding info

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Moab riding info

I'm planing a trip to Moab in Mid October. I'm planning on "taging along" with a buddy of mine and his 4x4 truck club. We're planing on hauling my quad out there in the back of his truck.

My questions are: #1 Is there a place to camp (or hotel) that would allow me to ride my ATV directly to the trail system? #2 Would I be able to ride my ATV on the same trails that the 4x4 trucks use?

Basically I don't want to depend on my friends truck to get my quad to the riding trails and I'd like to avoid a lot of loading and unloading of the ATV. I'd also like to be able to ride in the same areas that the truck club is riding.

Old 09-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Trailblazer

I'm still looking for some help with my Moab q's especially a good place to stay close to the trails. Anyone been out there?

Old 09-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

All motel and KOA and other camping is in the town area itself, lots of fast food places to. You would have to haul the bike out of the town to the trails, some probably only a block or so, they don't allow OHV on the town streets. The area is surrounded with hundreds of miles of off highway riding, some of the trailheads allow primitive camping , like tent, trailer campers, no water or sewage, you need to get there and see the situation then decide what to do then you can adjust, your going to have a ball.. You can go everywhere the vehicles can go and then some. If it helps you I would recommend getting there, get the motel or camping grounds you want to stay at, then start selecting the rides you want to take and haul the wheeler to the trail head and ride with them, you will cover more country than they will. You will see what I mean when you get there.

Old 09-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Trailblazer

I was out to Moab last year, great place to ride. There are plenty hotels in town, camping along the river just down the road to the Poison Spider Mesa 4x4 Trail. That trail is really great! Did that trail on our Kodiaks first, then went back and did the jeep tour of it. You can camp in the White Sands Recreational Area( thinks that's the name), and ride right to some trails. That area is within 3-5 miles of town. The Slickrock Bicycle Trail and Finns-n-Things4x4 Trail are right there. The daily entrance & camping fees are very resonable. The camp sites are in clusters of 8-10 sites per cluster, with only a picnic table and firepit avaiable. Pit toilets also. No electricity, water, or anything else. Strictly primitive camping. If you like tenting it, it's okay, but alotta people that their towable campers out there. You are not allowed on the Slickrock trail with your atv. The Finns-n-Things trail is fairly decent, lotsa slickrock and some sand, so interesting riding areas. They have maps available for that trail. However, ya gotta do the Poison Spider Trail! There are 25-30 other trails in the immediate are also. Stop in at Farabee's Jeep tours to find out info 'bout all the other trails, and take a guide tour with them, they'll show you a good time. You can also rent a jeep and go on your own.

Have a great time!

Koolkodiak