Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bull Gap Hill

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bull Gap Hill

I live in michigan, and havent been to silver lake yet, but another great hill climb area, is the bull gap hill trail system in mio michigan. It has miles and miles and miles of trails, from luzurne, to mckinly, back to mio. There are hills, mostly for advanced riders, but if you dont want the hills, try the trails, they are alot of fun. This is one of my favorite places to ride right now, and alot of fun.

Old 09-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bull Gap Hill

The trails up there are the best! I went there a few weekends ago with a buddy and his family and had a great time. Their cabin is between Mio & Rose City and the trails were endless. You can ride for hours & hours & hours and never hit the same trail. I want to go back up there real bad once I get my full gear. It's definately worth the drive.

Old 10-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bull Gap Hill

Are the trails wooped out in the Bull Gap system? A couple of friends and I went to the St. Helen Motorsport area and the trails were a b!T@& to ride. Woops for miles. My backstraps were tight for three days after riding that system. When you left an ORV trail and hit (mistakenly) a snowmobile trail (a large fine if caught by the DNR), the woops were almost non-existant.

Old 10-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bull Gap Hill

Are there ANY trails in MI that aren't whooped out??????

Old 10-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bull Gap Hill

Are there ANY trails in MI that aren't whooped out??????
Sure doesn't seem like it.

Bull Gap trails are a lot of fun though, and I agree not for the novice rider, they get pretty technical. You really have to make it over to Silver Lake, its a great place to ride.

Old 10-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bull Gap Hill

Miles and miles and miles........of trails........and no whoops. U.P. We were in upper peninsula in August, it blows away anything below the bridge. We rode 2-tracks and were the first to knock over the ferns in the trail (middle of August), could end up being only quads on some of the trails this year! You can ride on most of the roads. Go to gas, food. Don't even have to try to get lost. Deer tracks, wolf tracks, bear tracks. Rode quads right to motel door.

It was worth the extra travel time,
circuit2

Old 10-06-2003, 11:50 PM
BK
Pro Rider
Default Bull Gap Hill

Where in the UP did you ride? We have been thinking of going up there next summer.

Old 10-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bull Gap Hill

We were in Luce County, 20 miles NW of Newberry. Stayed at a quad friendly motel called Winter Haven in Pine Stump Junction. August is best of summer months in our opinion because wet areas of trails are not as deep and there are no bugs! We packed up and left in the morning, returned in evening. Cooked lunch at whatever State Forest Campground we were near.

There are other areas I see mentioned on forums that sound like excellent riding. Hulbert/Tahquamenon area and NW of Marquette to an area called Big Bay. We want to check these out also.

Upper Peninsula counties have ATV ordinances, that specify where riding can be done/not done. Some can be obtained online, others-call county sheriff.

circuit2

Old 10-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bull Gap Hill

I rode the Lincoln Hills and Little Manistee trails Saturday, Oct 4th. They had plenty of whoops but not real bad. Nowhere near as bad as Gladwin, which I rode Sept 27th.

Does Bull Gap have a lot of whoops? And does anyone know what the Denton-Leota trails, Hunt Creek, and Mio trails are like?

Old 10-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Range Rover
Default Bull Gap Hill

Heck yeah Bull Gap rocks! Tons of trails and different routes out there. Many of which arent whooped out too bad. I like the loooooong gravel road that you take to get to Bull Gap from the West Branch staging area. Its a nice relaxer, and also fun to see who's quad has the most top end.

Glad you had fun!

We should try and meet out there sometime.