Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for Information on Trails at Tellico

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for Information on Trails at Tellico

Would like some trail information on Tellico. Type of trails, total miles, places to stay, any fees?

Thanks.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

tellico is awsome, for trucks and for ATV's trail maps are sketchy, riding is tough as you could ever want it. lots of rocks and such, make sure you have some skid plates and if you drive a sport tv, try to invest in some taller tires. I rode a stock z400 all over the place there. it was awsome but really tough, i wish i had taller tires and skid plates. it is a hard place to ride but lots of fun too. no real rules there. you can see some awsome 4-wheeling by trucks. with a 4x4 atv Telllico is pretty easy. river crossings, rocks, little bit of mud. some of the trails are pretty impassible. if you have a stock 4x4, you can only really go on one road on the NC side. i hear there are a few trails passible on the Tenn side. lots of 4-wheelers there but it is mostly a truck place.

miles i think is somewhere about 40 miles at most i think. but most of the miles are slow miles of careful rock manuvering.

i stayed at Crawfords camp
here is a website with info on it

crawfords camp has it all and was real nice place if you have women with you (clean restrooms/showers and such)
http://www.tellico4x4.com/murphy/index.htm

Old 09-20-2003, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

oh, and most info about that place is old......use any trail maps as a "rough estimate" i have a banged up dodge right now because the trail was marked at a F2 (easy with modorate sections) and i didnt know that a 3 foot ledge was "moderate"

one trail i walked up, i found about 7 u joint caps and some various other peices of trucks scattered about the area where a big rock wall was.