Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for place's to ride in north west Georgia

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 12:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for place's to ride in north west Georgia

Hey guys need to know if any one knows of any good riding place's in NW GA I live in Dallas which is about 45 mins NW of Atlanta. We used to ride at the power lines in Paulding county they used to run from Dallas to Allatoona lake damn but me and some friends went there last week end loaded up two trucks had 5 people total (3 bikes 2 quads) and got to the place and every entrance was blocked with gates and no trespassing signs.I have been to Durham Town but thats a good 2+ hour haul from here its nice but something a little closer would be nice Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Doc.

Old 10-06-2003, 12:52 PM
dic
Weekend Warrior

hey doc, i'm from dalton but i'm living in shreveport, LA right now temporarily. there are a couple places that i know of are good. one is too hard to give directions to because it's out in nowhere, i think in villanow, west of dalton. it's called houston valley. a lot of people go there. they have some good trails, everywhere. the other place i've heard a lot about but not sure exactly where it's at. my uncle told me where it was though. if you were going north on I-75 you would take the hwy 41 exit (connector 3) exit, the exit one north of the carbondale rd. exit. it's just south of dalton. when you get off of the hwy 41 exit turn right and go until you see dalton beverage building on the right. my uncle said it was behind there but i'm not sure where the entrance is. i'm sure there is more than one because it's a big place. there are gas stations there where you could ask them. the place i think is called tilton pipe lines and from what i've heard a lot of people go there. i've also heard a lot of stories about people getting stuck, mainly in trucks though.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:14 PM
dic
Weekend Warrior

hey doc, i just found you directions to houston valley and others at georgiaoffroad.com. it's listed as #4 on the top 10 orv areas. check it out and let me know what you think. check out the rating comments for more/better directions.

Old 10-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

We just got a new ATV Club started up in Georgia. Check us out at www.possumpatrol.com. We are always riding somewhere every weekend.

Old 10-08-2003, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Doc,

I also was looking for a place to ride I live in Acwoth GA. about 15 min. from you, I'am finishing my bike project hopefully get it done in about 3 wks. I'ts a lager frame with a 85' cr500 motor rubber mounted to help with vibration . I also run a 6" over swing arm (lager) to help keep the front end down, its been a fun project so far had the frame powder coated candy purple as well as the hubs and spindles and a few other parts Dallas plating, chrome plated my pipe and swing arm and polished a lot of little pices. I am originally from SO. CAL I played at glamis a lot looking foward to little saharah OK. or silver lakes MI. trx500r

Old 07-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Range Rover

i also live in Acworth. Let me know if you'll want to go ridin some time.