Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ocala Ntl. Forest, FL-*NIGHTRIDING BAN*?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocala Ntl. Forest, FL-*NIGHTRIDING BAN*?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard about the Ocala National Forest not allowing night riding anymore? We found out about it and sent a letter in protesting it, but didn't get a response on it. Then just last week I called about it, and she said that the deadline to get any comments in to them for consideration was Sept. 20th. I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard about this?........

Old 10-07-2003, 07:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ocala Ntl. Forest, FL-*NIGHTRIDING BAN*?

The night riding ban is part of other restrictions being considered. This is the same agency (US Department of Agriculture) that was supposed to have some changes in effect by the end of last year. I'm not sure how it will directly apply but you may want to visit http://responsiblerecreation.policy.net/about and join petetions being delivered to appropriate government officials. Last year, some changes were made in timing with hunting season in the Ocala National Forest. I'm sure you'll see about the same this year. Unfortunately for us responsible riders, there are those who are not responsible causing land closures and restrictions to public land use. Remember, ride safe and responsible................BluRock