Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Ohio Riding Areas

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ohio Riding Areas

I heard this from one of the guys that work there, but I think they were bluffing to get everyone to pay when they come in. It is more of a greedy issue.

Old 10-17-2003, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

moto26--- You don't believe that stuff gets stolen at Haspin? Leave YOUR gear out next time.....................

Old 10-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

trx450, I never said anything about stolen items, but I do know that gear and quads have been stolen there before.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

moto26--- Sorry, misunderstood your post. I misread it. Stuff does disappear, regularly, from the parking lot/trucks-trailers, etc.

Old 02-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Range Rover

Wayne National Forest is the king of trails! You do have to have an Ohio sticker, and it is 5 dollars/day or 25 dollars/year. You can take I-70 to SR 30 go through Lancaster. After about 40 minuets you'll see the signs for wayne. If you look at my pics, most of them are from Wayne. You can reach them at

13700 U.S Highway 33
Nelsonville, Oh 45764
Phone # 740-753-0101

Old 02-15-2004, 11:41 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Hey Outracing, I ride at wayne a couple of times a year. It is the king of trails in ohio.

P.S. One day we can meet up and I will show you how to ride a wheelie![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K

Old 02-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Pro Rider

Wayne Nat'l. Forest opens 4/15/04. Permits go on sale (usually)April 1. Don't forget two things: that the bike HAS to be registered, AND you need the WNF permit. The WNF Athens District is regularly patrolled, the rangers WILL check your paperwork.
There is a section of WNF, Hanging Rock is down near Ironton, OH. Not as many miles of trail, but what is there kicks butt, esp. if you like mud!

Old 02-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: motox26
Hey Outracing, I ride at wayne a couple of times a year. It is the king of trails in ohio.

P.S. One day we can meet up and I will show you how to ride a wheelie![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K
Any time you want to challenge me, I will be there! I am trying to get some time off work to go down when it opens in April.

Old 02-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Range Rover

Wayne National Forrest Nelsonville-Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you go to the Sunoco gas station (I'm sure others too) and you can get a one day ride pass for $5.

Old 02-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

Like others have said,WNF is usually patrolled by deputy sheriffs.Some are even on quads.A word to the wise...Stay on marked trails,stay off closed areas and whatever you do,stay off the trailhead roads.There are time that you use small sections of these roads for trail access,but thats it.They don't care if your lost or almost out of gas,you wil get a ticket for 150 bucks.I've heard there not so hard on folks from that area,just ones from out of town.

Also if your caught riding closed areas,you will also get a $150 ticket,not to mention if your caught on the roads,you'll need to show proof of insurance.
Ohio Law states that liability insurance is not required for off road vehicles that operate on off highway trails,But if your caught riding on the trailhead road,you must now provide liability insurance since its a designated county road.They do the same thing to you as they would if you were driving a car.

Heed my warnings,I've been going to wayne for a long time and it was never that bad,but in the last couple years the sheriffs have really been cracking down.
Wayne is a great place to ride,all you need to do is follow the rules and no one will stop you from having a good time.We try to get there 4-5 times a year

Quick Reply: Ohio Riding Areas