Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for people to ride in Maryland

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004 | 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Looking for people to ride in Maryland

You're right, Maryland does suck. But its partially our falt. I tried to get some support in addressing Frederick County in order to open some land in the water shed here. I posted on all the ATV boards and approached everyone with an ATV in the back of thier truck I saw...I got 5 responses...5 freakin' responses. There were several public hearings in which I asked local ATv'ers to atend...no one but me showed and I got hammered when I made our case with no support. I have some options to ride on private land so I resorted to building relationships with the land owners for my own personal riding. As far as the other fiders in the Frederick area...eff'em.

Maryland ATVing sucks but so do the ATVers.

Old 04-09-2004 | 12:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry you feel that way special ed but I would like to ride in MD but it is hard to find areas like you said and I end up riding in PA with friends and family. MD appears that they don;t really have much land to give up since they are developing every bit that they can, Have you driven in 270 traffic lately. Anyways, If you are still looking for some support I will help in anyway I can. either private message me or post here. I'll get back to you.

Old 04-09-2004 | 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, I would be interested in getting together with some of you guys and go riding somewhere, let me know via email if anyone is interested, i ride a banshee and my wife rides a polaris trailblazer

Dave

PS i would also be willing to help with trying to get land opened up for atvers, let me know

Old 04-09-2004 | 09:36 PM
Range Rover

Count me in, I say all the MD guys make a trip up to Tower, or somewhere out west if we can get permission.

Old 04-09-2004 | 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Id be up for Tower City, I didnt have to much fun the one time I went but it be cool to go with people who know the ropes there.Dakota318 check your Private message.

Old 04-12-2004 | 09:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I will be interested in going to tower city but I'm not a member and I believe you have to ride with a member and pay something like $25. No biggie on the $25 but do you guys belong to tower city? My weekends have been hectic lately but if I have some advance notice I would like to go, I like riding new places.

Old 04-12-2004 | 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

i was driving north on I-95 on saturday afternoon and about exit 32-33 around laurel, i noticed off to the right a bunch of quads riding and there were a lot of trails and a big hill out in this open area. anyone know what this area is? anyone ever ridden there? is it worth the trip? let me know

thanks

Old 04-12-2004 | 01:16 PM
Range Rover

I have seen those trails before but I have never seen anybody riding there. Looks like its worth checking out.

Old 04-12-2004 | 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i was thinking about checking them out sometime, i just dont know how to get there, i remember someone at work mentioning a riding spot off or near gunpowder road so i think thats the spot. so if anyone out there knows anything about this riding spot, let us all know please!!!

Old 04-13-2004 | 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: wilkie610
i was driving north on I-95 on saturday afternoon and about exit 32-33 around laurel, i noticed off to the right a bunch of quads, anyone know what this area is? anyone ever ridden there? is it worth the trip? let me know

thanks
If it's the place I'm thinking of, it's off of Rt 168. Good riding, some really nice jumps, some very long straight aways and some decent jumps. Only thing is I hear the cops are cracking down on riding there. Can't say for sure. Haven't been there in a while.

Quick Reply: Looking for people to ride in Maryland