Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SOUTHERN INDIANA RIDERS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 03:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOUTHERN INDIANA RIDERS

hey guys,
I don't mean to sound bad but if you were thinking of opening a ride park and you were serious about it owuldn't you at least check post to see if people in the area were interested. I posted the day after the original was posted and nobody ever responded. I think what we as riders need to do is organize in to one big group and buy land and build our own ride park. I have a group of friends that did it and they only spent about 300 dollars a piece. I think they said there were like 300 to 400 people. That is about 90,000 dollars

Old 10-29-2003, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

90,000 would only buy about 35 acres around here. Divide that buy the 300-400 people and someone would get killed! Most of the places around here have tried with around 200 acres and limit the amount of people that was on it at any given time. That means turning people away, making them mad and limiting the amount of money coming in. After they lost alot of the riders they were forced to close because there was not enough money to pay the bills. (mainly the super high insurance) There has to be some kind of insurance in place. Even if it was just you and your best friends, if one person got killed or in a major accident, someone would be held responsible, and in risk of major lawsuits, medical bills, and jail time! Even with waivers, a good lawer would totaly tear up a good riding area!

Old 10-29-2003, 09:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks everyone for the posts . They have been very help full . I apologize for replying so late , but between work and side jobs I just haven't had the time . Going by what I've read and heard the to bigest problems is land size and insurance. I should be hearing back from some sources about the insurance part soon. Bigblazer your idea sounds pretty good. There's a group in PA that started a club and made so kind of deal with a land owner to use his property. They charge a yearly fee and have over 800 acres to ride on . i'm stiil waiting to here from them. The park would'nt be a main source of income. I was also thinking of putting in cabins and opening a shop. I've work for a rental co as a road mechanic so I can work on anything from a lawnmower to a 953 cat loader. My wife has family that live in engish and by the lake and we go out once or twice a year . we live 50 miles from Washington DC and are ready to get away from the rat race. WE live 2 mile from where they caught those snipers last year . THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR REPLIES ! Keep them coming . think have slowed down soI will answer fast and more often.

Old 10-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: johnnyangel
I 'm considering opening a atv park in Orange Co near Patoka lake . I would like to get some feed back from riders in that area . I'm thinking of puting in a few tracks , cabins , and campsites . Depending on the land size a trail ride . Any feedback will be appreciated .
I live on the west side of Indy and I ride with 5 other guys. We'd certainly make the trip. Probably many times, if it were at least 700 acres and had good trails. The accomodations would be a plus as well. I'd like to see 1500 acres or so, and the hills of southern Indiana would make some exciting trails. It's gorgeous down there. What is your timetable and how many acres are you considering?

Old 10-29-2003, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BIGBLAZER
hey guys,
I don't mean to sound bad but if you were thinking of opening a ride park and you were serious about it owuldn't you at least check post to see if people in the area were interested. I posted the day after the original was posted and nobody ever responded. I think what we as riders need to do is organize in to one big group and buy land and build our own ride park. I have a group of friends that did it and they only spent about 300 dollars a piece. I think they said there were like 300 to 400 people. That is about 90,000 dollars
I'd go in on that, and I'd go more $$ than that, if necessary, and if it purchased enough acreage. It could be a membership type of thing. If you set it up as a corporation, you would not have personal liability. Just the corporation would be liable if there were a suit. You'd have to get a good attorney to work with you and gate reciepts would have to more than cover it. However, if you kept it only for members (owners), I would think it would be hard to hold others liable when you are just as liable for breaking your own neck. I've never heard of a property owner suing his own estate when he busts his a$$ on his own property. Then again, what do I know? I'm no lawyer.