Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Dunes in Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunes in Alaska?

I got sort a odd question for everyone. Me and a couple buddy's wanna go ride some dunes but can't afford to go outa state. We want to know if anyone knows of any sand dunes you can ride in Alaska. I know we have them but all i can find is national parks and stuff.
Does anyone have a clue?

Old 01-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Range Rover
Default Dunes in Alaska?

hey i relize im a year or so late, but i am wondering the same thing about riding up there in the dunes and stuff. is there any good ATV race tracks? or anything that id be able to jump on and stuff. as soon as i move up and get my Z400, ill wanna go out as soon as possible. so if you know of any tracks, w/b thanks, melinda rae

Old 01-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Range Rover
Default Dunes in Alaska?

wait, wow. im moving to the North Pole, just saw that you were from there? can you give me some info about the track across from Vicki Lane? ( i think thats the name of the road across from it), rite beside the Polar Ice place. yah, i will be spendingmost of my time up there on that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but yah, wbs. melinda rae

Old 01-12-2005, 09:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Originally posted by: AlaskanAssassin
I got sort a odd question for everyone. Me and a couple buddy's wanna go ride some dunes but can't afford to go outa state. We want to know if anyone knows of any sand dunes you can ride in Alaska. I know we have them but all i can find is national parks and stuff.
Does anyone have a clue?
Last visited on May 12, 2004.

Old 01-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Range Rover
Default Dunes in Alaska?

yes?

Old 01-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

Well, I can tell you a few things about riding in alaska. If you were allowed to ride on the dunes in the National parks your talking about it would cost you about $5,000 to fly your atv there seeing how there aint no roads within hundreds of miles probably 500 or a thousand miles away more like it. If you take away the places you can't ride atv's in alaska you would only have the amount of land equal to say Texas and California combined. Utes rule alaska. If you like the fast atv's your options in alaska are limited and 95% of the terrian is off limits because you won't make it down the trail or are incapable of making your own trail. There may be some place near North Pole to go ride atv's in a park but I've never heard of it. Motocross cycles I guess has the only tracks I ever heard of in alaska. Why build a track for atvs when there's a billion miles of trails around. I live on the Knik River in southcentral alaska and it has the only rideable dunes I know of. It also has the biggest concentration of speed atvs in the state I believe.( during the summer). If you have any other questions about riding in alaska I'd be happy to answer. I also lived in the Fairbanks/North pole area for 10 years.

Old 01-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

hey what are the ATV laws up there? Is there a site where I can go on and look at them? And are the cops always after ATvers like it is down here in Maine? The cops despise ATvs and dirtbike because they say they cause nothing but trouble. I heard that the best place to ride in the U.S is Alaska.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunes in Alaska?

State rules for ATVs? These must not apply to Alaska because you can ride anywhere your machine will take you. I don't think you will another place like it. After riding here it would be very hard, almost painful having to ride in a park. I agree with Pakrat, a ute is a must in Alaska. I have friends and family visit on occasion and they all say that after riding here that riding back home is just not the same. There's just not that many places where you can ride for hundreds or even thousands of miles and not see another person. Let's not forget that everyone packs a gun just in case you have a run in with a bear.

As for sand dunes the closest thing I've seen is maybe Knik. It sure is sandy and has lots of hills but nothing like down south.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:56 AM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

I totally agree that AK is the place to be for riding. However there is rules here just like in most other states. So I have to disagree with Outrage, nothing personal though. The one place I would love to ride is Turnagan in the summer, however we all know thats not possible. To bad to because it rocks in the winter so I can only imagine how nice it would be to crest the tops in the summer.

Other than that, this State rules!!

See ya on the trails...

Old 01-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default Dunes in Alaska?

What do you mean rules? What are the laws up there that stink? How far can you go on the road at one time?

Quick Reply: Dunes in Alaska?