Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 03:44 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS

LOOK, I AM ONLY 21 BUT I HAVE SEEN MY FAIR SHARE OF RIDING AREAS CLOSE DOWN. THE STATE OF INDIANA IS ONE OF THE WORST FOR RIDING. WE HAVE ONE STATE RIDE PARK AND I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD A LOT OF GOOD ABOUT IT.
WHAT I AM SUGGESTING IS THAT WE UNITE NOT TO FORM A CLUB BUT TO PURCHASE LAND AND TURN IT INTO OUR OWN RIDE PARK. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT A LOT OF LAND, MAYBE 750 ACRES TO 1500 ACRES, SOMETHING WITH HILLS, AND MUD AND FAST RIDING AREAS. WE AS RIDERS HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO RIDE IN THIS STATE. I AM TIRED OF DRIVING TO OTHER STATES TO GO RIDING. I MAY SOUND A LITTLE CRAZY BUT I JUST LIKE TO RIDE.

Old 10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

I feel your pain, BUT, someone has to be in charge of it, and responsible for all that goes on. Plus find insurance, and other costs of upkeep and all. Not trying to be a stick in the wheel but there are alot of things to concider when starting something like this. I feel thats why alot of the places around here have failed, lack of abilty to plan for all these things. Plus, at the average cost of land around here, 750 acres would run alittle under 2mil, and I havn't seen that much land sell in one lump ever! I believe that getting the state involved would be the key here. They have the land, and most of the funds and man power to pull it off. Thing is, they will have to have our support or it will die before it ever gets started!

Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Rumor has it that the people that have a lot of land in Pike County called 20th Century are loosing there lease on the land. When I hear more I will keep you informed.

Info on this area- Probably one of the best places to ride, Jeep owners from all over have wheeled there. There is a hill they call Death Valley, that Devils Backbone at Haspin can't even touch. Lots of trails for different riders.

Old 10-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

hey just wondering where you indiana guys ride at... I am from just this side of the illinois border and we always go to the badlands its only about 45 minutes from us but I am looking for more places to ride... I heard about haspin one time where is that at...

Old 10-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

How much stake will $20.00 get me? JK! There's alot involved in getting a place going, insurance, land costs, upkeep, etc. etc. It would be nice to have more choices of places to ride, though. Alot of places,(Badlands) start off with a small chunk of land then slowly increase by buying more land a little at a time.

Chadscrambler-
HASPIN ACRES
REDBIRD - make sure you're registered with the state to ride here.

Old 10-29-2003, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

Register with the state?? is that the stickers that I see on some guys quads around the badlands??

Old 10-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

YUP! You have to be registered with IN to ride there, or they won't let you in. I think they're working on letting people register there, I'm not sure when they'll start doing that. Since you live in Illinois, you probably would'nt get taxed(not sure how that works), but for IN residents, you have to pay yearly taxes on your quad when you register it. kind of blows, but hopefully some of that money goes to the upkeep of the parks.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

yea thats crazy... never heard of that before... but thanks for the heads up.. It would have sucked to get over there and not be able to get in because we where not registered....

Old 10-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

That would suck. Just want to make sure that I didn't confuse you though, Redbird you do have to be registered, Haspin Acres you don't have to be registered.

Old 10-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

How much do you get taxed per quad, if you'd be willing to disclose that info, if not thats cool.

Quick Reply: INDIANA PEOPLE READ THIS