Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Red Dot Trail, Beaver Bay, MN

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 11:03 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anybody ever gone riding on the Red Dot Trail along the North Shore? I am planning a ride up there and i was just wondering what we are in for. How much access to gas is there from the trails? I plan on riding an awful lot and want to know if I need to carry my extra gas can with.

Old 06-16-2000, 04:43 AM
Pro Rider

Bring the gas to be safe! I havent ridden it on my quad but I have on my sled. There isnt much out there once you leave Beaver Bay. There is gas in Silver Bay but the trail runs about 25-30 miles and with mud holes and little exploring on the side you dont want to have to cut your ride short to go back for gas.
Let us know how it is, thats one I have been meaning to ride myself!

Old 06-25-2000, 05:04 PM
Range Rover

this is the best set of trails i have ridden on in this state. we rode 68 miles and only covered about 2/3's of the system. the trails are set up very well. we had a great mix of harpack, mud, bog, and off camber riding. the nice thing is that there are no super long stretches of any one type of terrain. a couple hundred yards of off camber rifding down a hill, then a a bog, then a mud pit, then some dry hard pack to clean all the mud/clay out of your tires then some more of everything. i am already planning my next trip up to beaver bay. if you go i would suggest parking in beaver bay or silver bay and ride in to the trails. we parked in the trailhead lot and i go parked in because all the hikers and there honda civics think 4x4 pickups and trailers turn on dimes. while out on our ride we saw 9 deer and a black bear. the trials system is so big that we would see fresh trackes from other machines but in 7 hours of riding we never came across another rider on the trail.