Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in mass.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in mass.

anyone going to ride in mass. at the pittsfield trails. me and a bunch of people are coming in from ny to ride on sat. if anyone is interested

Old 11-12-2003, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding in mass.

Might want to call the park ahead of time. There is talk of closing the trails early this season, due to wet trail conditions.

Old 11-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Default riding in mass.

good to know i will. where else close is there to ride in mass

Old 11-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default riding in mass.

There are a total of 5 legal places to ride within reason. Unfortunately, if one is closed, they are all close. They are:

Pittsfield State Forest
October Mountain
Savoy State Forest
Beartown State Forest
Tolland State Forest

Old 11-14-2003, 01:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default riding in mass.

More like there is only 5 places in the whole state to ride legally. The only thing they are good at in Massachusetts is taking your $40 every two years. I live in Southeastern Mass. and there is no legal places to ride down this way. If I have to drive two and a half hours to the west to ride, I my as well go 2 hours to the north and ride and eliminate sales tax.

Old 11-14-2003, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding in mass.

That sucks! I thought they were opening a park out east for riding? Maybe it was just for bikes.

Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Range Rover
Default riding in mass.

There are other legal places to ride other than the state forests. I ride legally in Palmer and Granville, plus I know there are other areas to the north that people legally ride at. You can also go to Uxbridge Motosports Park

Old 01-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default riding in mass.

It does suck, I'm in eastern MA and I know of some places, but they're all private property and I have permission to ride there. Way back in the day you could ride in Myles Standish state forest, but not anymore. I've decided the best thing to do is take a trip up North, there's some NH trails right over the border off of 93, gotta register your machine, though.

Old 04-11-2004, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default riding in mass.

Originally posted by: QUADZZUKI
There are other legal places to ride other than the state forests. I ride legally in Palmer and Granville, plus I know there are other areas to the north that people legally ride at. You can also go to Uxbridge Motosports Park
hey dude -- sorry but riding in GRANVILLE is now illegal, i'm a former resident and rider of granville and it is being shut down due to the numerouse, complaints of, noise, disrespectful riders, underage, illegal riding, and destructin of private property -- so the pipe line and all trails are being monitored by 3 police force riders on polairs sportmans, and on reagan road last weekend 4 ppl were arrested due to the fact of not being registered and parking on the reagan road turn off --- the water works just bought that and is now fencing it in .... if you want to still ride the pipe line, ride it up in tolland and up torwards RT.8 more..... i HIGHLY RECOMEND NOT COMING INTO GRANVILLE AREA. You can get 250.00 fine for riding!

Old 04-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Range Rover
Default riding in mass.

I know the police dont want anyone in the watershed property. Are you saying that the parking area on Reagan rd. is being fenced off and its not ok to ride west of Reagan rd on teh pipeline either? How far down the pipeline are the saying is off limits?

Quick Reply: riding in mass.