Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pickett State Park, Tn. Ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pickett State Park, Tn. Ride

I'm going to go to Pickett State Park on Dec.27 , 2003. If anyone wants to ride let me know. If you won't know until after Dec.17 , 2003 I won't get your e-mail or post because Dec. 17 i'm going to Tn. and I'll rarely be on the internet. So if you won't know until after the 17th. Just look for a Olive Honda Rancher 4x4 with 26" Outlaws. Thats me. We're going to be leaving the trailhead between 8-10am. just depending on how fast it takes to load up which I think won't take long. Thanks!
OutlawRancher

Old 12-17-2003, 03:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

where is this located and any info?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

I would take I-40west to exit 317 Hwy 127 north to Jamestown, than Hwy 154 Pickett Park Hwy. Left on Blackhouse Mt gravel rd parking a few miles on left.
You can get maps at the campground office it's a few miles past Blackhouse Mt rd. Last time I was there they just posted signs about a fine & stuff if you ride the wrong places. The map is FREE and they will tell you where not to ride.
Free to ride
No helmets required
Trails are mostly sandy & smooth? IMO
If you find the store signs on the trails follow them it's a great place to eat! The store has maps & can tell you alot more about the trails than I can.
So far we have three atvs and four people comming most likely and maybe another family. Like I said we'll leave between 8-10am. which I will try to know and post as soon as I know. I have no clue on how long the ride in going to be, but most likely it will almost be an all day ride. Thats what i'm aiming for. If you need any more info. just post. Thanks!
OutlawRancher

Old 12-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

If you're going to go that far to ride, have you considered going to Windrock? 72,000 awesome acres to ride on. Not sandy and smooth, but plenty of challenges and great scenery. We come down from Michigan to ride there.

Scott

Old 12-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

Windrock-Coal Creek is a good place and I would go there, but I have to drive down the mountain to get there and I don't really want to drive down the mountain when its snowing. I'm going to try to go there next summer.
Predator03,
How do you like your Polaris H.O. 500?? Was thinking about getting one, but was wondering if its any good and worth the money. Thanks!
OutlawRancher

Old 12-17-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OutlawRancher
Windrock-Coal Creek is a good place and I would go there, but I have to drive down the mountain to get there and I don't really want to drive down the mountain when its snowing. I'm going to try to go there next summer.
Predator03,
How do you like your Polaris H.O. 500?? Was thinking about getting one, but was wondering if its any good and worth the money. Thanks!
OutlawRancher
I'm not sure what you mean by drive down the mountain. Do you mean by atv or vehicle? Either way, you would have NO problems with any mountain. The only obstacle we face is in Jellico, but that is in very northern Tennessee, you wouldn't deal with that. In fact, you drive 60 miles past Windrock to get to Pickett. You do have to pay to ride Windrock, but it is well worth it.

As far as the Sportsman goes...if you rode one, especially where we ride, you would not want to get back on your Rancher. This is from someone who used to own one....

Scott

Old 12-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

I'm in Northeastern part of Tn.. I'm about 30 minutes from Pickett state Park. In Fentress County. So do any of you guys want to ride on Dec. 27?
Predator03,
Thanks, have you ever had any problems with any of your 500s?
OutlawRancher